Radios Gen 5 to be realeased 2/17/20

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But why would you want less support? It seems like it would be better if the lights could work on both the Apex and Mobius, regardless of which controller you use. You might not like Apex but I don’t want to run into a situation where I need to buy all my equipment from one vendor just because they made themselves exclusive.

I hear you but I just want best of bread. If I can get Ecotech pumps/lights/dosers to work via an APP and then use the APEX to control other things I could care less. Quality is my first requirement.

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After owning a ap700 I will never buy a light that is not apex compatible again. I love fusion. I am a electronic engineer by education and the more things I can control via a cloud based app the happier I am. I am all for Neptune just whipping out the big D and releasing their own light maybe fully addressable where the users can freely share profiles and dominate the market. Also I really want neptune to make a roller mat. Just imagine getting a notification on your phone that your roll is low. That would legitimately be a better product.

TJ_Burton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if has been posted yet, but BRS will have a review of the G5 on YouTube available at midnight (EST) tonight. Hopefully, the G5 will be great and the G4 price adjustment will also be great!

Guess I am staying up until midnight!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if these gen5 lights will continue to work with ReefLink and ESL, or are they mobius only?

Yellowjacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently bought 2 lightly used XR30 Gen 4’s and was happy with the “discounted” price I got them for. They are great lights and I plan on using them for at least 3 to 5 years. They are replacing Maxspec Razors that I have used for well over 5 years. I will be looking for Gen 10’s in 5 years at a discount because the Gen 11’s are just around the corner. LOL

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they'll still produce the G4 30 at a price point of about $600. It would be a good option if, as said, you "don't need the new shinny toy" but would like a quality light.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure that once they are gone... they are gone. Get a G4 now ,if you want new, or be on the lookout for used. There will be a lot of them for sale. I remember when the G4's came out the G3's did not last long with the discounted price.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully they'll still produce the G4 30 at a price point of about $600. It would be a good option if, as said, you "don't need the new shinny toy" but would like a quality light.

I wouldn't count on it. It makes no sense to have two different manufacturing processes going. Besides, they would be cannibalizing their own sales (hydras and radions).

Wh00pS32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After owning a ap700 I will never buy a light that is not apex compatible again. I love fusion. I am a electronic engineer by education and the more things I can control via a cloud based app the happier I am. I am all for Neptune just whipping out the big D and releasing their own light maybe fully addressable where the users can freely share profiles and dominate the market. Also I really want neptune to make a roller mat. Just imagine getting a notification on your phone that your roll is low. That would legitimately be a better product.

Would it auto turn off after 12 months and not come back on until you had sent it in for mandatory servicing?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the Blue version color is similar as SPS AB+ preset. I dont think anything bluer I would buy this light. I hope there cheaper version is the same as a basic Gen 4 - which is more than ideal with supplemental T5

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back