OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#honestyinreefing Confession I trusted my TDS in line meter to guide filter changes try yo get a little more life out of them. Wrong choice folks. Stick to regular maintenance / changes before trouble happens. Always stick to a double check of equipment with testing if possible.
I hope someone stumbles on this thread and saves themselves some headaches learning from my mistakes stay Salty my friends

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets hope thats the final hurdle Ray, I got a feeling your hard work is about to payoff!

I replace the sediment filter every 6 months and the rest of the components except the RO membranes every January feeling its a best practice approach.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which part of the filter removes NO3? I have read that DI should remove it but I change my di religiously. I also read that the membrane removes NO3 as well. I have high no3 in my rodi water as well. and my other filters, carbon and sediment, have been changed less than 6 months ago.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ro membrane and di both remove nitrates from what I’ve read. If your not getting zero no3 rodi something’s not working as it should. The cost sucks but corals cost more :oops: Don’t be a Raege and let it go as long as I did that it gets off the charts

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrek could be sleeping and digesting, fingers crossed! :)
I think you are working very hard my friend, but I hope you are enjoying it too, I think we take it too hard sometimes. I believe maybe Shrek can still be hiding in some place.
Thanks guys! There is always hope. There’s a good bit of algae in back where I can’t see so maybe he will pop up.
As for enjoyment I love my tank even ugly the fish are fat and happy and watching them is very relaxing. Only part of hobby that gets me is doing something stupid that holds tank back. In the end maybe someone gets a nugget of knowledge to avoid what I’ve done tho so that makes me feel bit better.

25 gal fresh salt mixing and top off water filed with the ATO with good stuff and more rodi running as I type,so tomorrow we start getting back on track again. ;)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last pic cleaner shrimp stands night watch as the Clown nestles so far in nem can’t make him out.
AB6F5F75-6AA0-4348-B183-54E0C0AFFA3C.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jmo. Rapid changes might allow another algae to thrive. Just my experience from altering the food chain quickly.
With my current levels of nitrates and phosphates I think the 50% change will fly. Numbers / nutrients won’t be brought so low to cause a mass die-off of the gha but should help put the hurt on it. I think the big jumpstart will be ok. If not you get a free I told ya so ;)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jmo. Rapid changes might allow another algae to thrive. Just my experience from altering the food chain quickly.

This is one of the reasons I don't do water changes.
When the previous S tank sprang a leak I had to take 45 litres out of the twins (550 L water volume) to fill the replacement, the twins sulked for about 2 weeks!
I know the twins will always react badly to water changes because they were designed to not have them, if I have to do a water change I will, luckily it is rare.
Every gallon of water removed contains a gallon's worth of goodness as well as what you are trying to remove! ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back