Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights were already adjusted when the new toadie went in. Old toadstool was in sand next to it with less pe than it had up high.... trying mid tank pkacement with him now.
My gorg seems to have more pe now that I think of it goo since whites were dialed back. /shrug not sure if there’s a connection tho

Sounds cool. Did u get the new toadstool at sof? Dave wants $100each for them. Robbery.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Numbers are in
Nitrates dropping again (50)
Still got a ways to go but between new algae and vodka moving right way
PO4 up .1 new media time in reactor tomorrow got riwaphis to try instead of BRS just curious to try
DKH is dropping more each day need to dial in again see what actual daily is at 8.0
Mag 1350 raised a bit got help with GHA
Calcium 500 but need to get another kit to cross check not confident in the number
Trites and ammonia zero
Temp 78
Salinity1.024

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious pod population right there. Great job Ray.. Where ya getting the pods? Lol
I knows dis guy whose got a way wit pods and phyto and even delivers lol
@Paul C. you get a few 100 more tanks rolling to fill the time on your one day off and you can forgedabout just Western Ma and go global! :)
Now the question could I support a Mandarin........ tempting very tempting indeed
Gonna hit ya up in a week and a half for a double order of the juice if it will last for a month in fridge.

Last edited:

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give me a shout when your ready Ray. I have no concerns with Nanno lasting a month. I still recommend only 2 weeks worth of the Iso. Don't want to see my customers throwing away phyto because of the smell(smell is die off). Would rather bring you a second small order of Iso that I know you will use all of.
Mandarin? Tough call. I do have plenty pods handy, just not sure and I hate to see those beauties starve. But, your population looks healthy. You might want to try a captive bred and maybe use a breeders box. We can soak some small live rock in my pod tanks to make sure it is well seeded for the lil guy. Then cross fingers and hope you can get him picking at prepared foods.

Talk soon. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening marine enthusiasts
More tank time today did another 10 gallon mini WC a follow up to Monday’s 25 gallon WC working nitrates hard ;Rage
Finally got the inkbird temp controller installed and the two 300 watt heaters in sump. Also changed out my carbon and GFO trying Rowaphos see if it has same or better effects.
My Symphilia is ANGRY after changing media and swapping water it receded like crazy hopefully temporary wasn’t an issue with Mondays WC and I flushed the reactors till clear / shrug. If I screwed something up haven’t figured it out yet. Going to run test in about an hour once WC has fully cycled thru.
If I didn’t kill anything will try to get a FTS of heaterless display!
BTW I hate working under the tank add to dream tank list remote sump in basement or next room so Im not hunched over and cramped for space getting to old for this :confused:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening marine enthusiasts

BTW I hate working under the tank add to dream tank list remote sump in basement or next room so Im not hunched over and cramped for space getting to old for this :confused:

Hey buddy. Sounds like uve been giving the tank some TLC. I like it :)

I think I would miss the work it takes to maintain a clean and tidy system. If it was easy we wouldnt love to bask in fruits of our labor!

F T S !!!
F T S !!!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing completed
DKH 8.1 added to get to 8.3
Nitrates by color looks to be 40 down from 50 anyway I increased photo period on fuge from 8-16 hours two days ago and am at 3ml vodka for dosing now
Po4 still .1 but just changed media
Temp 78.4
Salinity 1.024
Ammonia nitrites zero
Have eased up on CBB feedings he is appearing fat and happy will alternate mastic and pe mysis and increase WC to mini 10 to 15 gallon changes every 3 rd day As Roman Moroni said this is Fargin War

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing completed
DKH 8.1 added to get to 8.3
Nitrates by color looks to be 40 down from 50 anyway I increased photo period on fuge from 8-16 hours two days ago and am at 3ml vodka for dosing now
Po4 still .1 but just changed media
Temp 78.4
Salinity 1.024
Ammonia nitrites zero
Have eased up on CBB feedings he is appearing fat and happy will alternate mastic and pe mysis and increase WC to mini 10 to 15 gallon changes every 3 rd day As Roman Moroni said this is Fargin War

Thats awesome to hear the CBB is doing well. Have u caught him munching on the Kenya tree or anything yet?

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome to hear the CBB is doing well. Have u caught him munching on the Kenya tree or anything yet?
Charlie Brown Bcensored has stayed away from everything but the rocks and some mysis in the water column so far as I have seen. He’s very active as a grazer picking pods from rocks? and has gotten a little less timid with movement near the tank.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hey I have heard the cry of the people..... well I heard @RichtheReefer21 ask for a FTS :) so enough blah blah blah here it is

16BAF7EA-9FDA-44CD-8C7B-9FBC068DF580.jpeg

As you can see the brain is still upset. From what I’ve read a good beginner coral easier to keep but it’s retracted like crazy since last night. From my reading they like DKH in a pretty good range but prefer it 9-10 so going to slowly raise from the 8 range and see what happens

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer brain was in a lower flow area. I did some rearranging last night tho. I managed to upset the elegance ultra green toadie and a gsp colony......but raised brain about 6 inches into a little more flow and light. This am as lights were coming up brain was a luttle better and feeders were out. Dkh is akdo now at 9.1 used to aim for 8ish. Any tips appreciated

Back