Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving it ray.

Tanks looking sharp buddy :)
Wish I was loving it :( symphyllia is looking rubbish and no clue why in just a few short days after a WC. Zero tds water parameters po4 and nitrates not great but .08 and 40 not horrible I thought. Topping it off trying to make brain happy I’m ticking off half of the rest. Feeling bummed out and like I’m failing this coral in my care.
I need to get the balance right in the tank. Need to solve the calcium alk mag interaction equation here. Dosing alk daily but not seeing calcium changing now. I know test kit accuracy can be deceptive with Ca being used but not accurate enough to see it.
Pondering very small additions of Ca when I dose alk but only so as it doesn’t show on test kit?
Mind is spinning reading reading thinking........gotta keep hands outta tank unless I’m sure of course of action tho.
I have a lot to be happy with in tank just feeling burned with this coral was hoping to be in a better place a week before KOR to bring some new stuff home
Alrighty feel better just typing out thus rant.
I know return you to a happy fun filled Raege in Da Cage experience.
Copper Band is getting a fat head! He has been picking thawed frozen baby shrimp off rocks. Funny he follows it in water waits for it to settle on rocks then picks at em...
Elegance coral has recovered about halfway good sign and all fish fat and happy. Tomorrow am 1/3 water change didn’t want to tick anyone off more than I did today....
Stay SALTY and positive keep your seat belt buckled for the bumps in the road on the way to our final destination Reefvana just ahead :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why you are raising your kh?
8 is a good number, as you change it the balance will shift between the big 3, IMO.
I would aim for a steady kh of 8 and get all 3 balanced at that kh.
Oh and don't sweat your nitrates and phosphates at those levels, they won't kill anything at those levels. ;)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Symphyllia update warning pic is graphic parental guidance reccomennded. The underlying skeleton is still showing at the edges but after hitting it with baby shrimp and Amin is last night the spines showing out top are protruding a bit less. I’m hoping with some time can get it to inflate more before algae start on its skeleton that’s showing. From what I’ve researched once algae starts recovery won’t be an option

EB486158-FC7C-4A63-BA4D-95264354F1E4.jpeg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charlie Brown is doing well we’ve had him for 33 days now so feel like he’s gonna make it fine. Above the eye top of head looks to be fattening up and he’s thicker in the belly from a month ago.

D15A9828-943D-4425-9709-06A6CFBDD2C5.jpeg
Luv Charlie Brown.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all did a round of testing after yesterday’s 3o gallon WC
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78 inkbird controller keeps it very tight :)
Calcium 550
Mag 1500
DKH 8.4
Po4 .06
No3 40
GHA has receded worst is at base rock in front of anemone now weird that it’s been relegated to bottom 1/3 of tank.....
Dosing 3 ml vodka about a week and change hoping to see a better change in NO3 over next week. Time for a pruning of the algae as well which should help give it some room to grow and suck up some nitrates

Funny observation of the CBB 3rd time I’ve caught him poopin in the same location. Just under the gyre and it gets sucked up and spit to other side of tank. Ahh the strange things you see gazing at your tank.:confused:

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cpl more pics. Couldn’t bring myself to list Symphyllia :( the spines are pretty much covers on top now but seeing some discoloration on spines at its edges.......not a great sign but will fight the good fight

1088EEC8-3D97-4CD1-8750-00ADC4B2A956.jpeg

BBD84C0F-C367-49B8-BF8D-9DCF04EB98A1.jpeg

CA67C4FD-D728-42F2-8FFA-D28952A63002.jpeg

641DAFFF-3D27-4913-93B7-4B90FEFB6788.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 hours till KOR expo :)
Tickets check
Insulated cooler check
Excited to find a few awesome corals to fill in tank check
Meeting some cool R2R members in the real world CHECK!
Hope to have some great pics to share Saturday night so don’t change that channel :cool:

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 hours till KOR expo :)
Tickets check
Insulated cooler check
Excited to find a few awesome corals to fill in tank check
Meeting some cool R2R members in the real world CHECK!
Hope to have some great pics to share Saturday night so don’t change that channel :cool:
Have fun. Take pictures! :)

Back