Raffle Grand prize DIVE TRIP

marke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Florida frag swap is proud to be partnering and sponsoring the Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU) Coral Initative. Come learn more about their coral research at the swap. They will have a vendors table with more video and literature about their work. They do research on acropora from the local waters of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. Utilizing an extensive onshore facility to grow and study these corals before they get out planted to the natural reef.
The Florida frag swap on your behalf is going to be matching contributions received by NSU at the show. So please say hello. More info on NSU coral program to follow.

The Dive Trip

At the swap we will be auctioning a dive trip on a private charter boat to see the Universities work in progress. We will visit where frags are grown in the ocean. Then see where they have been replanted into the natural reef. This trip will be guided by NSU dive master Ian Roderick, and boat is a 31 ft contender run by Capt ME. Along with the dive is a private tour of the shore based research and grow out facility. The dive will take place this summer on a date that works for everyone. Divers must bring their own gear.
The boat will take four divers. We will do two auctions of two divers. So two winners! Hopefully someone with a camera wins and shares photos with all of us!

More info to follow!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This people are trying to restore our south florida reefs.

[video=youtube;X56WKjWYosk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X56WKjWYosk[/video]

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winner will get to tour this awesome facility
[video=youtube;2HPH-SEEvlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HPH-SEEvlw[/video]
[video=youtube;98p752aCnng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98p752aCnng[/video]

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then relax diving with Dive master Ian and Captain Mark Esquenazi
IMG_0481_zps1ce6b5ac.jpg

IMG_0486_zps7eab754c.jpg

IMG_0510_zps06bf234e.jpg

IMG_0483_zps461f93ef.jpg

IMG_0507_zpsbd0770b9.jpg

IMG_0493_zpsed6916b8.jpg

jhmeresqu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I'd like to thank the FLFRAGSWAP, boat Capt Mark, Ian and Nick from the NSU Coral Initative for their time and effort in putting together a great day of diving NSU's coral growth reef sites off Ft Lauderdale's beach and the tour of the NSU Initative Facility in Dania Beach. It was very interesting and informative. The weather was great, the seas were great, and all the people involved were great. Thanks again for the great time.

Raffle Winner,

Jim & Brandon

504Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent time indeed! Couldnt ask for a better day on the water with great people. Thanks again to Florida Frag Swap for the support, can't wait to see all those pictures/video of the dives!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the video from the trip.
[video=youtube;S30-X13V7fU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S30-X13V7fU&feature=share[/video]

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back