Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I win :)
20200713_113137.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pic, we don't get very interesting weather over here.

Not always a bad thing. Last week our good family friend had there roof ripped off in a storm and it landed on him while he was BBQing. Life lesson here people, don't BBQ in tornado weather ;Bored Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but it's not advisable regardless

Oh and BTW thanks @RichtheReefer21 now I'm looking at a custom nano to place where my nuvo 10's are now. Totally blaming you for that, atleast that's what I told my wife

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pic, we don't get very interesting weather over here.
Not so much on the island, but the northern mediterranean gets the same intensity level of storms as the central u.s., they are just far less frequent. I am on a fb group for european severe weather and the warm calm seas to the south allow for some serious dewpoints and low level spin across the southern european shores. Ill share some as they come around.

Not always a bad thing. Last week our good family friend had there roof ripped off in a storm and it landed on him while he was BBQing. Life lesson here people, don't BBQ in tornado weather ;Bored Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but it's not advisable regardless

Oh and BTW thanks @RichtheReefer21 now I'm looking at a custom nano to place where my nuvo 10's are now. Totally blaming you for that, atleast that's what I told my wife
As a sever weather obsessor, we never want to see any of it pass over homes or property. Im sorry for your neighbor and their family. Thats tragic.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry for your neighbor and their family. Thats tragic.

Thanks, He was lucky and walked away with some minor cuts and bruises. In reality he shouldn't have been outside to begin with but he's stubborn and wasn't about to let a little weather ruin steak night.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, He was lucky and walked away with some minor cuts and bruises. In reality he shouldn't have been outside to begin with but he's stubborn and wasn't about to let a little weather ruin steak night.
I keep a carwful eye on the sky always. You can always tell the intensity of the storm by the outflow just ahead of it. Next time a storm is coming at your area, just go sit outside in a covered spot.

The rain shaft downpours create a huge bow of wind going out from them in every direction. So before the storm arrives, you will get a large wind gust going in the same direction of the storm. That will pass. And then pay attention to the inflow. The winds will shift back towards the storm. Those are the winds you need to pay attention to. The stronger they are, the stronger the updraft typically, which determines intensity.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im at the point where i know i should test... but i think a 15g water change will take care of anything that might be out of whack instead of the hassle and mess of testing. Considering i have about a week left with the reef, fingers crossed, im getting less and less willing to test.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the entire 11 frag order that sat in california on a dock for an entire day before gettin on a plane, ive only lost 5. And since i was gifted a few cheap freebies, i called it even with john over at @YourReef. Hes amazing and so are his coral. He had them checked in well before time, and the courrier just dropped the ball. I just felt it was the right thing to do, he had some headaches from the livesale anyways, so loss be a loss. Cheers john. You will be key in the next build, and ill only be 2 states away the next time :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back