OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before this gets going, I want to send a few special thanks out there.

#reefsquad

Between @Humblefish, @Maritimer, @dbl, @HotRocks, @cmcoker, @4FordFamily, @ca1ore, @GoldeneyeRet and many more, thanks for helping me save my fish last year. Whether it was an article, an archive I found, or direct help and advice, thanks so much for keeping me going and giving me a place to learn and study the husbandry of our swimming friends. Couldnt have made it without you. And the fish couldn't have either!

Other thanks to @Fudsey who has rocked with me in my old thread since the start. Helped me connect with @Paul C. For a local phyto and pod supply, and is currently meeting me this week to deliver an overflow he went out of his way to get for me.

@Raege for the donation of the acrylic sump. Even though it may not be used, it was the nicest thing someone has done for a stranger(me) in a long time. Much thanks.

@NY_Caveman for his priceless lessons of patience. Ur thread was a classroom for my brain. Thank you sir.

I'm sure theres many more I owe thanks too, and I'm sorry if I missed you! One, Last, big... thank you r2r!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please make sure you check the glass to be sure it's not tempered before you drill it. ;)
Already called the manufacturer. All set on that. If not I have the 55 and the 29gal to house them while I find another free tank. LoL

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words Rich!

This is the type of post that makes the time we spend helping each other all worth it!

R2R is the reason I am where I am in the hobby today, very special to me. This community is so unique and I still learn new things everyday. I have made friends here and met some of them even though they live 6hrs away @Crabs McJones :)

I even met a few more today at a local frag swap! So cool!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to post such nice comments. As mentioned, this is such a unique and terrific environment and it is moments such as this that make it so.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its posts like these that make it all worth it :) none of us are paid, none of us are obligated to be on here helping one another and learning new and exciting information. Its because of the community and the love and respect for one another that we are on here :)

This makes Crabs happy :D

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words Rich!

This is the type of post that makes the time we spend helping each other all worth it!

R2R is the reason I am where I am in the hobby today, very special to me. This community is so unique and I still learn new things everyday. I have made friends here and met some of them even though they live 6hrs away @Crabs McJones :)

I even met a few more today at a local frag swap! So cool!

Thanks for taking the time to post such nice comments. As mentioned, this is such a unique and terrific environment and it is moments such as this that make it so.

Its posts like these that make it all worth it :) none of us are paid, none of us are obligated to be on here helping one another and learning new and exciting information. Its because of the community and the love and respect for one another that we are on here :)

This makes Crabs happy :D

#r2rforlife

Last edited:

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Same dimensions as my tank, only you don’t have the monster ugly corner overflows...
upload_2019-3-16_23-34-20.gif

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich only way to make a new friends is meeting strangers :)
Happy to have new friends to share this wonderful adventure with and help in any way I can.
Very well said and I second your sentiments about the awesome R2R team and family

0ADB7596-C984-49BF-B9E3-F024ABAC4F44.jpeg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Same dimensions as my tank, only you don’t have the monster ugly corner overflows...
upload_2019-3-16_23-34-20.gif

Pretty sure that's how I found ya! Was looking for other long 125g's for inspiration. Hehe.

Pound sign watched!!!
Same!

Rich only way to make a new friends is meeting strangers :)
Happy to have new friends to share this wonderful adventure with and help in any way I can.
Very well said and I second your sentiments about the awesome R2R team and family

0ADB7596-C984-49BF-B9E3-F024ABAC4F44.jpeg

Love me some A team

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in for the ride and look forward to seeing it all come together! You’re going to love having the sump.

I'm ready to burst at the thought. I've filled four 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper front to back. The plan is almost complete. I will tidy it up and share a finished draft doodle when I get it right.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the trachy love, I have a huge one and a little one. Thought about giving the little one to my dad so it has room to grow but I can't let it go.

The whole brain family has some gems throughout the subspecies for sure. My Lobo has finally started coloring up. Slowly turning orange.

I will do a coral photo dump shortly. Waiting for whites to come on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back