OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re going to force me to order one...

Just be forewarned, they dont always satisfy. Heres the other BTA I have had for 4-5 months. Hasnt moved from this spot. Eats twice a week. Its half the size as when I bought it at the LFS, its orange and green freckled. And was huge and puffy at the LFS, and has looked like this ever since I took it home. It must feel awful insecure seeing the new one across the tank.

15530396116713809550787099259759.jpg

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be forewarned, they dont always satisfy. Heres the other BTA I have had for 4-5 months. Hasnt moved from this spot. Eats twice a week. Its half the size as when I bought it at the LFS, its orange and green freckled. And was huge and puffy at the LFS, and has looked like this ever since I took it home. It must feel awful insecure seeing the new one across the tank.

15530396116713809550787099259759.jpg
I’m thinking about looking for a sandbed one that may host clowns. Need to do some more research.

Insecure ;Hilarious

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More doodles.

The home depot plumbing department guy better be ready for me tomorrow. LoL.

Hopefully I wont need him. Will do the manifold another time. I will put a ball valve below the T and keep it off till I am ready to plumb the manifold.

Only thing I'm guessing on is the location of the swing check valve...

20190319_205939.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just tend to fail. Something will get caught in it when you need it to work. If you do decide to use it, put a union on either side of it so you can remove it for cleaning every so often. My sump is in my basement and I don't have one. When I shut off my return to do a water change, the level doesn't overflow it or even come close.

Just my 2c ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just tend to fail. Something will get caught in it when you need it to work. If you do decide to use it, put a union on either side of it so you can remove it for cleaning everys so often. My sump is in my basement and I don't have one. When I shut off my return to do a water change, the level doesn't overflow it or even come close.

Just my 2c ;)

Alrighty, noted. Thanks.

Seeya Thursday!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about looking for a sandbed one that may host clowns. Need to do some more research.

Insecure ;Hilarious
Yea I'm lucky in a sense with the timing. Let the bta settle, then glue corals. Hehe

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shot!

Thanks. Hoping the clowns leave it alone for a week or two till its really happy. Then they can move in. We shall see.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's agenda:

Home Desperate for:
*misc plumbing
*Led strip lights
*spray paint - was recommended *Kypton Fusion for pvc.
*sand paper
*dremel fitting to chamfer the edges of the overflow 1.5" animal bean set up.
*rubber mat for return pump noise insulation
*100% silicone for threaded connections on locline. (brs recommended)
*masking tape
*tinting kit?
*acrylic or vinyl sheets for back and sides for stand

-Flushing RODI unit cartridges and rinsing the filters and di resin.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic, as I stated in my original thread. Today Mark's 5 months unemployed. But I did get a proud moment when i checked in on a project my former team built in our Lab. It launched on a delta heavy at ULR @ the cape in Florida back in August. My handwriting is currently orbitting venus and the sun at over 100k miles / per hour.
The side facing the sun gets to 700°f,
The rear faces around -400°f
temperatures.
Our hardware operates nominally at 79° (sound familiar?) And the vehicle is only 16ft or so across. Our hardware sits fat and happy right in the middle. We engineered, designed, test, and built about 70% of the entire project, including the heating and cooling systems for both sides (front cooling and rear heating) as well as the temp control for the solar panels.

Thought I would share cuz even tho I'm on layoff from the union, I could be called back at any time. Truely the most amazing and humbling career opportunity I have ever seen.

They will eventually crash the orbiter vehicle into the sun for last-ditch scientific data taken before it melts into the sun. They did the same thing with Cassini, and Saturn years ago.

Pretty cool knowing I touched the first thing man has ever sent to crash into our star. Too bad it's in the past. But incredibly fortunate to contribute and be in the mix of such things. Space exploration has fascinated me since I was a boy. It never died.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic, as I stated in my original thread. Today Mark's 5 months unemployed. But I did get a proud moment when i checked in on a project my former team built in our Lab. It launched on a delta heavy at ULR @ the cape in Florida back in August. My handwriting is currently orbitting venus and the sun at over 100k miles / per hour.
temperatures.
Our hardware operates nominally at 79° (sound familiar?) And the vehicle is only 16ft or so across. Our hardware sits fat and happy right in the middle. We engineered, designed, test, and built about 70% of the entire project, including the heating and cooling systems for both sides (front cooling and rear heating) as well as the temp control for the solar panels.

Thought I would share cuz even tho I'm on layoff from the union, I could be called back at any time. Truely the most amazing and humbling career opportunity I have ever seen.

They will eventually crash the orbiter vehicle into the sun for last-ditch scientific data taken before it melts into the sun. They did the same thing with Cassini, and Saturn years ago.

Pretty cool knowing I touched the first thing man has ever sent to crash into our star. Too bad it's in the past. But incredibly fortunate to contribute and be in the mix of such things. Space exploration has fascinated me since I was a boy. It never died.

That's is cool

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
temperatures.

Pretty Cool indeed

3A2FF65E-5C17-4601-8E37-F865800F830A.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back