OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, a single head. I put yours in the Biocube to see if it would grow out in there with more nutrients.
Bring it with u in August. I'll hook u up with something else.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the remaining frags @Fudsey

20190715_082702.jpg

Fresh babies coming in on the big square back right. Have u been dusting them with the reefroid/lrs broth like I recommended? Smaller mouths need smaller particles.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It literally looks like you just dropped it off, no different. Completely closed up...

Have u checked at night? That's not good. U have nitrates tho and feed frenzy. I didnt think it would have been so fussy.

Mine looked good in frag rack with flow and light put it in suggested shade spot and its stayed closed up /shrug gonna try a new spot see what it wants

Its non photosynthetic. So lighting shouldnt matter, but the mother colony was happy in medium low flow on the sand. :: shrugs as well ::

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp... for the 3rd time in a month. The 3155 has overfilled. About 5 gallons of rodi.

Alarm blaring.
SG 1.022... :mad:
Was mowing the lawn. Smh...

I dont get it. It work flawlessly and then all of a sudden, for no real reason, it doesnt turn off. Very frustrating.

So I whip up 15g at 1.029 and do a water change. Which was when I realized the skimmer isnt bubbling. Sounds like a tired motor. The ATMAN2500's are known to be mediocre at best when it comes to life expectancy relatively speaking. So I went and got 3 gallons of vinegar, everything is due anyways.

Return pump is gonna pass on this one. But the lower half of the skimmer, and the 2 xf250's are getting a bath in a few... just waiting for the brute to fill with hot water.

Long night ahead.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp... for the 3rd time in a month. The 3155 has overfilled. About 5 gallons of rodi.

Alarm blaring.
SG 1.022... :mad:
Was mowing the lawn. Smh...

I dont get it. It work flawlessly and then all of a sudden, for no real reason, it doesnt turn off. Very frustrating.

So I whip up 15g at 1.029 and do a water change. Which was when I realized the skimmer isnt bubbling. Sounds like a tired motor. The ATMAN2500's are known to be mediocre at best when it comes to life expectancy relatively speaking. So I went and got 3 gallons of vinegar, everything is due anyways.

Return pump is gonna pass on this one. But the lower half of the skimmer, and the 2 xf250's are getting a bath in a few... just waiting for the brute to fill with hot water.

Long night ahead.
That is a real bummer, Rich.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s sucks Rich ato supposed to make life easier :(
That is a real bummer, Rich.
Big time bummer is right ! ! :(

Ato res is topped off. Salinity is back at .025. Hopefully the swing wont be noticed much.

Skimmer just fired right back up and has been running for an hour in a vinegar mix.. got it in a rubbermaid, with a 3-1 vinegar mix... Gyres as well in a bucket beside the tank. Gonna leave the skimmer running all night.

Got another 10g of fw rodi ready for the gyres to rinse off in. And I'll have them back in before I go to bed. Dont wanna risk a decline in o2 and end up chasing numbers tomorrow.

#inlovewithhusbandry

ZzZzZzZz.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer before shots...I guess it was time anyways ;)

20190715_210414.jpg
20190715_205330.jpg

The gyres were all crusty with corraline and other fun stuff.
I ran them just short of 2 hours in a vinegar mix. Then ran then for 30mins in a bucket of rodi, now running them for the final rinse.

Check out the first rodi rinse water on the right. That was the 1st rinse..:eek:
20190715_223945.jpg

Vigorously brushed them before I transferred to the left bucket for the last 30 mins. Ya never know just how dirty stuff is till ya clean them the right way. I could have disassembled them, but I will do that at the 6 month mark along with the return pump.

Plan to run the gyres and skimmer in vinegar like this quarterly. I can't afford any breakdowns.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Skimmer before shots...I guess it was time anyways ;)
[...]
The gyres were all crusty with corraline and other fun stuff.
I ran them just short of 2 hours in a vinegar mix. Then ran then for 30mins in a bucket of rodi, now running them for the final rinse.

Check out the first rodi rinse water on the right. That was the 1st rinse..:eek:
[...]

Vigorously brushed them before I transferred to the left bucket for the last 30 mins. Ya never know just how dirty stuff is till ya clean them the right way. I could have disassembled them, but I will do that at the 6 month mark along with the return pump.

Plan to run the gyres and skimmer in vinegar like this quarterly. I can't afford any breakdowns.

Yes, that's quite the mess. Forced cleaning sessions can certainly be inconvenient, but at least you have something to show for it! :)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's quite the mess. Forced cleaning sessions can certainly be inconvenient, but at least you have something to show for it! :)

I feel like we may have gone over this... but I cant find a build thread for u? U in between tanks?

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gyres are back in, and as expected, I cant run them over 40%. Pulse mode. Or I get a hurricane. Glad it's done. One more monkey gone.

Gonna hit the sack and get up early to get the skimmer situated and final rinse done before i drop it back in.

Gnite friends.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thats frustrating! Good job getting it situated before bed.

Theres a timer in the Tunze control box where you can limit pump time. I scaled mine back to 1 min I think back when I set it up. Something to consider. Also make sure the sensor is clean. Any build up of crud on it and it may not shut off.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thats frustrating! Good job getting it situated before bed.

Theres a timer in the Tunze control box where you can limit pump time. I scaled mine back to 1 min I think back when I set it up. Something to consider. Also make sure the sensor is clean. Any build up of crud on it and it may not shut off.

I saw this in a tutorial video during my research. I'll take apart the 5017 module and adjust that screw after the skimmer goes back in and I level the sump to my liking.

And then I will test everything later today after it's been skimming for a while.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back