@Katrina71 could have sent the good stuff ;Hilarious

D2FB1A81-DD60-470E-9C4E-4486354A4B38.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah something just doesn’t seem right about this Reefer get together, I see no pictures of tanks, fish or coral! Just lots of booze and food.. lol!!
I posted pictures of Ray and Rich’s tanks somewhere, but I was too drunk to remember which thread. Maybe my own, LOL.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the replies, I just wanna say again how fun and great it truely was to meet up with everyone. Thank you all for helping make it happen!

I am gonna guess that will be a big giant not! But we want to come see your tank anyway! There appeared to be plenty of floor space. :) Looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Sooo stinking jealous! One thing about being pen pals with all you hooligans all across the nation. You are all across the nation!
Hooligans! I like the sound of that :)

That's the name I chose for my 8ball pool team I started 5 years ago. :)

English person that does not fly says ... maybe we could go fund me to sort the extended ferry trip for me to attend a cave gathering?! :p

A pond ferry! Bring an oxydator! Or whatever those things are called! :D

I love u more because of this.

What a mottly crew.. ;Hilarious

I forgot to break out the pirate teeth for Cory @Scurvy

Yeah something just doesn’t seem right about this Reefer get together, I see no pictures of tanks, fish or coral! Just lots of booze and food.. lol!!

Once Brian was wobbly he found the couch, asked me to open to the fuge-side of the sump, and went into the window seat and went into twilight mode. (I think.... he... saw... something on the wing. ;Walkingdead;Vamp

I've never had any. Hmm. Are you saying you need more Dickel?
I laughed like a girl scout when I read this.

Rich is out in the woods I keep thinking Blair Witch project..... I’m not looking for the footage

Deliverance. @Fudsey sure Do Got a Purrrrrty Mawwwth. ;Hilarious

Been gone on vaca.
4 nights @ Sebago Lake in Maine. 18th year in a row we have gone as a family. No web, barely text service... didnt want it tbh, though I had moments where I wanted to spy some threads. ;)

I do have 6 pages of NSFW catching up to do as well I see. I have finally emptied the 92 emails of notifications from my inbox. Haha.

I'll share my catch of the night, midnight cat fishing. Followed by 3am fish prep, not for the faint hearted. Cajun Beer-Battered Cat Fish was for lunch the next day. My recipe ;)

20190822_014855.jpg
20190822_020200.jpg
20190822_190303.jpg

Found my new interest. A cat fish tank, farming them to eat. This, was, amaze sauce. I'll catch up on threads later. The tank is beyond dirty.

@Raege look at the mess! Show Kathy how dirty it is!
20190824_191955.jpg

I'll start catching up on threads tonight after I get alianna to bed. 20g of rodi mixing for a ~15% wc.

Happy to say 0 losses. Yeeeharrr.
#happyreefer

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice catch. Tank doesn’t look that bad.

Thanks. Literally sat in the stern of my dads boat from 11pm to 2am. Threw back 3 juvies. Lost 2 at the boat. Meh. Not bad. All was fine till the motor started bucking and we diag'd to the fuel pump. 1500 for a new one with labor. *** that. We are DIY ;)

I clean the tank around 4 days a week. 15 mins a day. Np. I'm about to dose aminos, and then vacuum the sand bed.
#inlovewithhusbandry ;)

Excellent. Nice to have you back, brother. Glad you had a great trip.
It sound you had a good vacation, good to have you back.

Cheers fellas
Wonder why he didn't ask y'all to tank sit??? Oh yeah. Frags...
I think the pole will be stolen first now.

Sounds like s good time. Welcome back to civilization. Did you leave the banjo behind?

We jammed out Ray, little competition... I almost lost waiting for you to show up and fiddle some georgia devil tune...

I am losing motivation. Water is mixed. Gonna hit the hay I think and do the tank tomorrow. Running on 5 hrs sleep and a 10hr day to follow. 8am start time tomorrow. Making up lost time from my absence. Gnite all.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off to work. Tank maintenance tonight. Saw this on a fb news feed... thought I'd get everyone chatting about it...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[...]
I'll share my catch of the night, midnight cat fishing. Followed by 3am fish prep, not for the faint hearted. Cajun Beer-Battered Cat Fish was for lunch the next day. My recipe ;)something on the wing. ;Walkingdead;Vamp

20190822_014855.jpg
20190822_020200.jpg
20190822_190303.jpg

Found my new interest. A cat fish tank, farming them to eat. This, was, amaze sauce. I'll catch up on threads later. The tank is beyond dirty.

[...]

Nice brown bullhead catfish! Although they breed like rabbits in the wild, they aren't particularly easy to breed at home!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a picture of a couple-days-old brown bullhead fry that I bred a few years ago.

5DAF5E5F-45DB-4865-962F-E39A345B3B48.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back