OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CTARS Booyah had a blast at their fragtoberfest last year plenty of space and tons of sellers. If all goes well tank will be ready for some junk in da trunk again
Will you be my date?

Very few things are as good as looking at your reef with a drink. Cheers amigo !
Amen

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be your date but let’s take my car...... ;)
That stung a bit. But I'm in.. we can bring a tank home in yours ;)

Tested tonight.

Happy to report this.
20191005_211147.jpg

No3 down under 25, I'm calling it 20... ish

On the other hand... phosphate, tested twice. First was .53 and I dang near fell out my chair. 2nd test came in at .45 :eek:

Now, if you know me, I dont really sweat po4. And in turn, u know that I love a treasure hunt so I set off to find an answer. A sharp spike and now steadily rising po4 level, seems to have started about the same week I started NewLife Spectrum Pellets. I feed them lightly, maybe 30 pellets, spread once a day. And my diy cube as I have for over a year roughly. Havent changed carbon or gfo in a month. Guess that's where I'm heading tomorrow. Skimming has been wet, even though I have the bubble line 1.5" below the top overflow. So something is upsetting it. This is when I wish I had a recording camera down there. Could research the time and rule something in or out easily etc..

The treasure hunt shall continue...

No movement in Ca or dKh even though there is obvious growth everywhere. Didnt even bother testing mG cause it's always over 1500. I figure my 140~ish TWV is just too large for the smaller frags I have to really suck alot out.

It's been like 3 weeks+ since last wc. I have 15g ready to go at 79° and I dont see a need. Idk..

Po4 has me aggravated. Hopefully the pellets being cut out will show results. I'm dumping the Nac7 cup about twice a week. Where as before the po4 spiked, I had 2 weeks without emptying. Time will tell.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple tangs for fun..
20191006_155842.jpg

20191006_155852.jpg

No new coral to share.

Did a 5g wc in the DT to make myself feel better. 18g of rodi topped off in the ATO. 12g stored for the next topoff in 2 weeks. Losing more due to drier fall weather creeping in.

Used the other 10g of fresh mix for a wc on the QT.

That's all. Time for a beverage.
Cheers.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if will make me feel better but I need to do a water change also ;) Acan looks happy, love the colors!
Just like yours, babies grow out colored up, but lose the rainbow as they mature. Quite frustrating.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I had one that disappeared in the move. Its rainbow colors came out under low light at first, but as I raised the intensity it was mostly red.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I had one that disappeared in the move. Its rainbow colors came out under low light at first, but as I raised the intensity it was mostly red.
Yea strange how the colors on LPS seem to come thru under low light %'s.

Pics are looking good, at least. Hope that you can find a source for the PO4 in particular, the carbon and GFO ought to do.
Am really debating a gfo reactor. Like a mini one since u dont need a ton of flow.

Hmmmm...

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea strange how the colors on LPS seem to come thru under low light %'s.

Am really debating a gfo reactor. Like a mini one since u dont need a ton of flow.

Hmmmm...
What I don’t understand about GFO. It is very effective removing PO4 but no way to regulate how much it removes.
Makes it hard not to drop to fast or bottom out.
Maybe I’m missing something

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something to ponder when running GFO and what I think a lot of people do (I know I was guilty of it) is they test and see a high PO4 number then overeact by loading up the GFO reactor and cutting off feading... I say feed as you normally do after you setup the reactor. Keep things as close to a normal routine as possible with your only variable being the gfo and flow through it. You're more likely to see a gradual drop off this way as opposed to drastically cutting off your input while aggresively removing. Hope that makes sense.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back