OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that GFO/carbon works if you add it to the socks, as well (sorry, I don't remember if you're set up for sock filtration). Reactor not necessary. Not done it myself, but might work well.
I am set up for socks, but not running them. The gfo and carbon hangs in bags in the drain compartment below the baffle to the fuge. Just not sure how well the flow is for it.

Something to ponder when running GFO and what I think a lot of people do (I know I was guilty of it) is they test and see a high PO4 number then overeact by loading up the GFO reactor and cutting off feading... I say feed as you normally do after you setup the reactor. Keep things as close to a normal routine as possible with your only variable being the gfo and flow through it. You're more likely to see a gradual drop off this way as opposed to drastically cutting off your input while aggresively removing. Hope that makes sense.
Agreed. Nothing will change.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 is mine. But I'm not sure i deserve it. Theres some amazing photos for this.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any spare Po4 I’ll take it ;Hilarious My salfert test have shown “0” for the last 15 month’s, I was absolutely sure there was an issue with the kit (or tester ;)) but after testing with my new Hanna ULR phosphate meter yesterday my original results of “0” where confirmed :(

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any spare Po4 I’ll take it ;Hilarious My salfert test have shown “0” for the last 15 month’s, I was absolutely sure there was an issue with the kit (or tester ;)) but after testing with my new Hanna ULR phosphate meter yesterday my original results of “0” where confirmed :(

If all is looking okay and you havent lost color to corals or lost corals period then I'd say your toeing the line!

1570631290567.png

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all is looking okay and you havent lost color to corals or lost corals period then I'd say your toeing the line!

1570631290567.png

I only have a small poorly lit fuge and skimmer for nutrient export.. no socks, Carbon ect.. and I will frequently take skimmer off line for a few days at a time. although I have cut back in the last few weeks I had been feeding approximately 2-3 cubes worth of food daily but algae’s are trying to get a foot hold so I’m now at about 1.5 cubes a day.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a small poorly lit fuge and skimmer for nutrient export.. no socks, Carbon ect.. and I will frequently take skimmer off line for a few days at a time. although I have cut back in the last few weeks I had been feeding approximately 2-3 cubes worth of food daily but algae’s are trying to get a foot hold so I’m now at about 1.5 cubes a day.
Awesome, sounds like you have an almost perfect balance worked out. I wouldn't act unless the corals tell you somethings wrong. As Simon says, Don't go wasting the Vodka!

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious dude, you need to jump on those numbers, try this and that, maaaaaahooosive water changes and waste vodka or crap like this is likely to happen! ;)

DSC_0169 (1024x683).jpg

no worries man, tanks not getting a single drop of of my vodka.. lol

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support all. I've been crazy busy at work. Fall cleanups are coming. Had some of the zoa frags I made melt on me, but havent lost anything significant.

I'll catch up tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers friends. :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support all. I've been crazy busy at work. Fall cleanups are coming. Had some of the zoa frags I made melt on me, but havent lost anything significant.

Stay gold, Ponyboy!

tvpham93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The cat eyes you traded me are doing great, I already have 3 polyps!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back