OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 bta is setup perfect. The other went for a jog and is currently posted up under the Stick rack. Meh... will have to keep a close eye on it as it finds a new happy place.

20191128_175023.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha Ha! I have pairs of socks older than you ;Hilarious ;)
I am so glad you did not say underwear, LOL
I'm telling ya... the people on this forum are bar none. Always a good laugh when I come to catch up. Thanks fellas!

Last night went smoothly, until the Captain Morgan came out. Luckily the dendros were done already!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have learned that if u do not frag these dendros early enough they grow against each other and it dang near impossible to seperate them without severe flesh damage etc. The risk is not worth the reward ever. So fragging them while they are in their juvenile stage is really the only manner I'm willing to do it.

But I made out pretty well.
20191201_100332.jpg

Annoyed I couldnt do the frag that has 3 teenager polyps. They were the prime candidates for the reefsquad giveaway winners. You can see it in the "rinse water" container in the video.

I Will update more in a few days and see how things look. Here's a video of me first time fragging on a saw.

iPhone users link: HERE

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, the test stuff was hanging out drying on towels in the dining room. And I found this when I woke up. She made it with a labeling machine while she was at work yesterday. I got lucky with her. Shes a gem.

20191201_102642.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is terrible:( :( are you going to keep the skeleton and hope it grows back???

Nah, it's been in my friends tank for 2 weeks or so. I waited too long to let him take it. Its over.

That sucks. You tried so don’t beat yourself up.
I wont. Ill go beat someone else up instead.

I was hoping John could save it for you ;Sorry Like Don said you gave your best shot just wasn’t meant to be this time around
Yea... they are finicky coral. Could have been wild caught as well, and just hated my parameters and lighting. Who knows... wont get another one until the dream build.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd RBTA has started coming out more, and I keep sliding the Bonsai away from its position. I am preparing to glue the sps, just wanted to check positioning for a week or two first before nailing them down.

Placed an order on amazon and BRS.

24ft of doser tubing
2 lbs kalkwasser
And a red sea calcium regeant
Amazon was for a 20g container that will fit hidden behind my sectional next to the DT.

I've decided to pull the rodi Resivoir from the sump all together, and build a dosing station in its place. Looking forward to having a new project to attack on the tank. Just been doing husbandry and wc's for 7 months. Its time.

Plus I start the new job Monday. Need to get things moving on it while I can.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back