Rainbow sunburst minti

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received ther Rainbow Sunburst Moti from underwater world. If so what is your opinion of the piece.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like anything else, it will be a while before people can tell what it is all about. It take a bit for any SPS to settle in, color up in each system, and start growing.
Till then....well it looks like a monti frag - nothing too crazy, yet.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO it just looks like an rainbow monti with heavy photoshop. I doubt that purple color will be there when it grows out. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if that purple color you see is actually brown...I can't believe the amount of hype it received and how many people actually dropped $150 on single frag of this unproven coral; when who knows what it's really going to turn into...The pictures he posted of the frags sure weren't impressive, it looked like a brown base red polyped monti...

Last edited:

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree..looks like a wild sunrise that's morphed which is a possibilty under different tanks and conditions..

Last edited:

amay121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time will tell. Does someone have a frag so that we can get before and after shots?

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The edge of mine is purple!!! imagine that. The new growth edge blends into a light green and light blue at the edge. No orange base...yet. the polyps are bright orange. The colors have been true so far. Looks like a reverse rainbow...instead of polyps changing colors, the base does...very cool. I'll try to get some pics but my skills suck and the lights are currently off.

Its the real deal....

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about getting one but was concerned that the polyps would cover up all the color and all you would see is orange.

I have piece like that now and don't want two bright orange polyp monti's. So do the polyps cover up the base color?

Joe

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one. Mine has orange with purple and the rim is becoming purple. So as for color it is what I expected.

It did come in with bryopsis on the frag so I fragged the bryopsis off.

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sailfishI thought about getting one but was concerned that the polyps would cover up all the color and all you would see is orange.

I have piece like that now and don't want two bright orange polyp monti's. So do the polyps cover up the base color?

Joe
the polyps are well spaced so you can see the base..at least on mine

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mines and the frag I have has all the colors that was on the mother colony and is starting to show the baby blue rim No brown at all so I don't know why people are making that assumption. Here are a few pics from a few days after I got it. It laready has grown over the cut section since and the colors are more pronounced now. I will try to get a current pic of it soon. Oh yeah and I don't photo shop any of my pics so here it is.

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic thanks for sharing. When it has not been disturbed do the polyps open up and cover up the base color?

Thanks Joe

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow roscoe. u got a nice one. mines about half that size! thats the only thing i was dissapointed in...the size of the frag, but whatever.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow roscoe. u got a nice one. mines about half that size! thats the only thing i was dissapointed in...the size of the frag, but whatever.

Well I got the piece that everyone wanted to claim LOL. I knew I was going to get that piece since I did spend $1200 with UWW a couple weeks before on a chalice colony. This is actually the 1st shipment I got which arrived to me 2 days late! It didn't look like that when it arrived. So Jason sent me a piece that was 3x that size to replace and that came in next day with no delays and that one ended up croaking on me. So I am very surprised this piece made it with the delay and almost ice cold water. I have to say i am happy with my piece and how everything was taken cared of accordingly with UWW.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back