OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to interrupt in your thread, but this is probably why they get so big. A video I shot in the philippines. Of course the plankton was somewhat attracted to our lights. But zoöplankton density was huge on almost every night.

WOW, thanks for sharing. No wonder when I feed alot more ,I see a change. Gave me idea. On live food and light.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to interrupt in your thread, but this is probably why they get so big. A video I shot in the philippines. Of course the plankton was somewhat attracted to our lights. But zoöplankton density was huge on almost every night.

Excellent video and insight, videos like this always remind me how far my little glass box is from reality

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moving Corals soon, planning seperate tank for stereonephthya. Their photosynthetic

20181126_142221.jpg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my black sun polyp corals , here some cool pictures

Screenshot_2018-12-13-15-20-35-1.png

Screenshot_2018-12-13-15-19-24-1.png

Screenshot_2018-12-13-15-19-18-1.png

And Dorthy said to Toto, “I don’t thnk we are in Kansas anymore”.

Absolutely gorgeous corals. Outstanding pictures. Kudos to you.

Even before I saw your thread, I knew that I was going over to the “dark side”: NPS.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely gorgeous corals. Outstanding pictures. Even before I saw your thread, I knew that I was going over to the “dark side”: NPS.
Yup, I recon your right. :D

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely gorgeous corals. Outstanding pictures. Kudos to you.

Even before I saw your thread, I knew that I was going over to the “dark side”: NPS.
Mind boggling, how can Creatures live in alkaline solution.

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone linked this here yet but it’s a general guide to nps I use the the shellfish 1800 in my 155 just started for feeding sea apples, feather dusters, sponges and corals ect I use about 2 ml a day diluted split into two doses or about 1 gallon of dense Phyto culture. For me the bottle will last the whole shelf life or about 3-4 months so with shipping 25$ a month to feed tank daily a ton of guaranteed analysis Phyto it’s also a lot easier than culturing 5 kinds of Phyto correctly.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-02/feature/index.php

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone linked this here yet but it’s a general guide to nps I use the the shellfish 1800 in my 155 just started for feeding sea apples, feather dusters, sponges and corals ect I use about 2 ml a day diluted split into two doses or about 1 gallon of dense Phyto culture. For me the bottle will last the whole shelf life or about 3-4 months so with shipping 25$ a month to feed tank daily a ton of guaranteed analysis Phyto it’s also a lot easier than culturing 5 kinds of Phyto correctly.

I use phyto-feast, I have brand new shellfish 1800, still unopened waiting to finish the phyto-feast, then start phyto-feast with it. One month more. Also feed reef roids, freeze dry mysis, artic pods-dry, raw egg, Thanks for info.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've read that article often, great info. Thanks again

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I poured out like a small cups worth into a satalite container to avoid contamination then pull out 1 ml at 8pm and 1 ml 12am mix with a cup of saltwater from my tank pour right back in have insane polyp extension from all sps pink spiny cucumber, sea apple and sun polyps then I mix in Phytofeast every third or forth feeding when feast is out I will try just feeding shellfish 1800.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back