Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos from tonight. Carnation corals from Tonga. Dendronephthya colonies
3 1/2 months
More coming, hang tight

Screenshot_20191009-175018.png Screenshot_20191009-175018-2.png Screenshot_2019-10-09-18-02-10.png

Last edited:

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I would need to set up some type of lighting for stereonephthya. I've had it in the past it came to me with shipments of NPS corals. Hard to find nowadays .bummer
Exceedingly hard to find nowadays. I know of one person who is culturing it. He notified me that a certain Dr.D is ahead of me for a frag!

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post pictures tomorrow, but I think I might have hit the jack pot and lucked out on getting THREE stereo nepthea that were sold to me as "Kenya trees". I thought at first they might be litophytons, but after some research, especially with the shape of the super orange (yes orange, and that's in 10K lighting) I'm leaning towards stereo nepthea.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post pictures tomorrow, but I think I might have hit the jack pot and lucked out on getting THREE stereo nepthea that were sold to me as "Kenya trees". I thought at first they might be litophytons, but after some research, especially with the shape of the super orange (yes orange, and that's in 10K lighting) I'm leaning towards stereo nepthea.
Please post, thanks for sharing, comrade

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dendronephthya colonies, aka carnation corals, definitely enjoy laminar flow. When I received the last shipment of corals. I have so many that I put some in the sump and the flow in the sump is chaotic not laminar. Since discovering by accident how to reduce stress on these corals, when you receive them for the first two three weeks. The corals in the display tank and the sump are like day and night, in their appearance. The ones in the display tank look like in the ocean whether it's a colony or a Frag. But ones in the sump out of 20, 5 look normal the rest wasting away slowly unfortunately. Bummer

Pictures from web

Screenshot_2019-09-06-21-27-29-1.png Screenshot_2019-10-04-05-59-14-1.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back