Raising(17) dendronephthya colonies & scleronephthya(22) MONTH 6

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
2 year of failures, why failures? If I couldn't keep my children of the sea alive and thriving, it's a failure, until now.
In the last three weeks, I've seen things in my children of the sea, that I wish I could record, but don't have proper equipment(yet) to record properly. But now I know, flow was the main key, to help them thrive, not just live. I've seen some look wilted and coming back with polyps visible, and gaining strength. Baby polyps of dendronephthya on most base rock that has a colony or two, when we add new colonies 2 dendronephthya and 22 Scleronephthya, no atrophy to them, no getting thin, no loss of polyps, no nothing yet.

We are raising Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya!!!!! Time is our enemy, because of time , we need to wait and see if they will live for more than 1.5 years. Indefinitely or close to it, would be imaginable. Stay tune. ......

Flow is key, by accident found a pattern that seems to mimic their environment. Took 2 years to stumble upon it .......stay tune

IMG_20191122_140942_604.jpg 20191124_101401.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

LordJoshaeus

View Badges
Reaction score
While I'm waiting on carnation corals . Just bought this,NPS WHITE TELESTO CORAL

Screenshot_2018-10-23-19-41-50-1.png
I'm planning on getting that very coral next month! It's an invasive species in several parts of the world, Carijoa riisei, so it should be a piece of cake in aquaria (that's also what the seller on ebay told me).

Subsea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
image.jpg
I'm planning on getting that very coral next month! It's an invasive species in several parts of the world, Carijoa riisei, so it should be a piece of cake in aquaria (that's also what the seller on ebay told me).
I am not brave enough to do eBay. For certain, I do not get reef husbandry advice on eBay, but that is me.
Good fortune to you on your “brave new world” of NPS.

@Jomama
Have you tried out oysters yet. I got my idea from @Paul B. He harvest clams in Long Island sound. After a snack of red wine & fresh clams, instead of putting left over shells with clam bits & pieces in garbage, he feeds it all to the tank.

Subsea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
While I'm waiting on carnation corals . Just bought this,NPS WHITE TELESTO CORAL

Screenshot_2018-10-23-19-41-50-1.png
You are killing me with these gorgeous pictures. In a recent NPS presentation, the speaker spoke of diving on a reef and seeing a football field sized area packed with Carnation Corals. It is a beautiful world to behold. Keep it coming.

OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
image.jpg

I am not brave enough to do eBay. For certain, I do not get reef husbandry advice on eBay, but that is me.

@Jomama
Have you tried out oysters yet. I got my idea from @Paul B. He harvest clams in Long Island sound. After a snack of red wine & fresh clams, instead of putting left over shells with clam bits & pieces in garbage, he feeds it all to the tank.
For corals, had to get it, around here rare to find these. And it's CC charge so can't go wrong. Never bought live corals on eBay too.

OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
About oysters, havent
image.jpg

@Jomama
You are killing me with these gorgeous pictures. In a recent NPS presentation, the speaker spoke of diving on a reef and seeing a football field sized area packed with Carnation Corals. It is a beautiful world to behold. Keep it coming.
So today replace 95% of conditioned water with distill, add salt to it. 1.025.
Getting ready for my children of the sea

Top Shelf Aquatics

How are you accomplishing water flow in your reef tank?

• Powerhead Type Pumps

Votes: 388 67.0%
  • Closed Loop

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Return Pump

Votes: 323 55.8%
  • Wavemaker

Votes: 219 37.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 2.6%

Online statistics

Members online