OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One healthy dendronephthya coral, either it feels comfortable and made itself at home, because it's expanded enough to were it's looking like an arch, all polyps are open so it must be happy but I'm trying to figure out if I should relocate so that it can expand more natural like in the wild. We'll see. Decision decisions.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow hopefully I will be picking up 10 dendronephthya corals, maybe like the photo.

20190213_231552.png

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My master piece will be a round tank(which i have) and funnel the bottom to let excess food accumulate and then remove excess food and help water perimeters for the benefit of my children of the sea. Stay tune.

In the planning stages

Ten years ago, I visited The San Monica Bay Aquarium. It was awesome. On the roof of the Aquarium, the source of “ the rhythm of surge with reversing flow” was a piston that looked to be 50’ in diameter. I was hypnotized by it as I closed my eyes and felt the sea breeze with warm sunshine.

As the “windmills of my wind” carried me into that vision, I could feel the warm spray and ☂️, then the clamoring of birds brought me to a different place:

It is so annoying when “detritus is reigning”.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ten years ago, I visited The San Monica Bay Aquarium. It was awesome. On the roof of the Aquarium, the source of “ the rhythm of surge with reversing flow” was a piston that looked to be 50’ in diameter. I was hypnotized by it as I closed my eyes and felt the sea breeze with warm sunshine.

As the “windmills of my wind” carried me into that vision, I could feel the warm spray and ☂️, then the clamoring of birds brought me to a different place:

It is so annoying when “detritus is reigning”.
I hate detritus, makes me have to pick-up after it. :mad:

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, you add a few extra dendronephthya corals and is becomes survival of the fittest. One of the original Corals in particular is twice the size now. I figure it out the flow pattern they like, they look more natural than before in the water, they like a surge like flow One Direction then same thing the opposite direction. And before I had more of a linear One Direction stream like flow then same thing coming from the opposite direction. Eflux stream 1050 pumps are the way to go. More programming features.

Now it's a wait and see game again. But patience of Job

Next is to frag one Coral to a plug and see if we're successful at it. One Coral at a time. Stay tune

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back