Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant remember the name, but it has arms, grabs food, puts whole arm in mouth and eats what it catches lol.

Pretty good description ehh. lol

I keep wanting to say cucumber, but it just doesnt seem right lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant remember the name, but it has arms, grabs food, puts whole arm in mouth and eats what it catches lol.

Pretty good description ehh. lol

I keep wanting to say cucumber, but it just doesnt seem right lol.
Is it a sea apple? Fruit or vegatable name. I know its one of those lol.

Hillbillyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species of Pseudocolochirus? Beautiful whatever it is.

I’m enjoying this thread very much. NPSs fascinate me. Unfortunately I’m awful at keeping most of them alive.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species of Pseudocolochirus? Beautiful whatever it is.

I’m enjoying this thread very much. NPSs fascinate me. Unfortunately I’m awful at keeping most of them alive.

It's taken me a year and 4 months to get to this point. I did reef keeping all of 1980's. The only thing I don't have automated right now is adding freshwater when saltilinity starts rising. I haven't the time yet, to automate it. Right now the most challenging part is trying to raise dendronephthya corals and scleronephthya corals . All of the other NPS corals are not as challenging, the gorgonians are growing slowly but growing and sun corals show small ones around the larger polyps. I installed a system called Sulphur denitrator to reduce nitrates quickly. Stay tune

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been one year and 4 months since trying to raise dendronephthya and scleronephthya corals. What I have noticed is one species of dendronephthya rubeola from Vietnam are much harder than most. To date I have four specimen still alive, polyps showing no atrophy for 1 month and a half. They must be feeding on something because they're still alive, they usually only live for 1 to 2 weeks and that's it. That is my experience with all these corals so to be alive to this point is positive.

What I'm not happy with is the linear motion of the water, makes them look not too natural so I need to figure out different water motion or position them different.

download.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nitrate fell from 20PPM to 7ppm. I started sulfur denitrator Sunday today is thurs. Now I need to fool denitrator it's in my tank but actually it's not. Then when nitrates rise hook up SD when needed.

20190223_164835.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My children of the sea, suffered, when I had to hospital for pneumonia. S*** getting sick. 2 dendronephthya survived barely, all other children alittle on the skinny side. Time to restock more dendronephthya corals. Still waiting on corals from Vietnam.

Screenshot_2018-09-08-21-06-42-1.png

20190214_204513.jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My children of the sea, suffered, when I had to hospital for pneumonia. S*** getting sick. 2 dendronephthya survived barely, all other children alittle on the skinny side. Time to restock more dendronephthya corals. Still waiting on corals from Vietnam.

Screenshot_2018-09-08-21-06-42-1.png

20190214_204513.jpg
At least you survived, I’m sure you will make your corals better

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back