OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how they'd do in my tank, but my dendro is always extended. If I find one, I'll try it for sure.
I don't buy off Ebay for live corals, but I saw the one I mentioned, couldn't pass. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's sample what ebay coral should look like,fully open. beautiful

Screenshot_2019-09-12-16-58-00-1.png

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Month3

Hard to believe month 3. I won't deny that 7 original specimens are not doing great and I noticed when the 12 + corals came in after the seven. The 7 corals started changing so something to remember. If you plan to have any of these types of corals then always try for the healthiest and buy 3 or more together and have them touch each other, does something to them that's beneficial.

Also the first 7 corals did not benefit from the key for them to continue thriving. So they deteriorated slowly. So the 25 other corals still look the same as the first day I got them.
Now the Sun cup corals have released small larvae and are growing and there is small specimen growing from the dendronephthya colonies. I also cut up some of the dendronephthya corals and 80% survived.

Now, I'm trying to find tune what I know about the specimens. Still have over 2 years to see if any success.

Screenshot_2019-09-19-20-48-25.png Screenshot_2019-09-19-18-54-56.png

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Good updates.

BTW - what was the source you used to purchase the sun corals? If that is what the orange fellas are. I have a few shaded areas that I was hoping to place a few but so far I've not found any other than a 10 head on ebay which I do not purchase from.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good updates.

BTW - what was the source you used to purchase the sun corals? If that is what the orange fellas are. I have a few shaded areas that I was hoping to place a few but so far I've not found any other than a 10 head on ebay which I do not purchase from.
Only these two sources, Pet World 92405. Large orange one from Australia. From them.
Only other person I'd trust is Teau Faletau from Tonga. Fresh specimens

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks. Pet World is a little too far South from me being up North :) However, I could maybe plan a trip to Vegas to visit a friend, then head over to Disneyland, then a stop there :D Not sure if Teau sells direct.

In any case thanks a million for the info. Let me see what I can work with. Still like what you are doing so keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Pet World is a little too far South from me being up North :) However, I could maybe plan a trip to Vegas to visit a friend, then head over to Disneyland, then a stop there :D Not sure if Teau sells direct.

In any case thanks a million for the info. Let me see what I can work with. Still like what you are doing so keep up the great work!
Teau Faletau, sells to public. 1 box minimum. Not bad. Few do that. He exports and has agent in LAX, they reox then send to your major airport. Can't beat that. Fresh as they come.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the corals touching has some sort of social benefit? I have said repeatedly my plates are somehow social.
From reading about them on different forums, from 2000-2013. Some mention letting them touch even wrap around each other. I let mine touch, they seem to open up more.

Screenshot_2019-09-18-21-36-12-1.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back