OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is gold... can't believe i read every single post since your previous thread from a year ago... kudos to you @Dr. Dendrostein for never giving up. I'm following. Here are some dendronepthya and turbastrea from my lfs

FB_IMG_1569468106255.jpg Screenshot_20190929-101333_Facebook.jpg
O' man. Nice carnation coral and WOW!!!! on sun cup corals. Thanks for sharing. Please send more photos when possible. That carnation from your part of the world also Fiji and other parts of world. Thank you so much for kind words. I'm making progress, baby steps, but making progress. One day, maybe we'll finally know how to care for them and they thrive. Till then stay tune.

Last edited:

NPS_Bulu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O' man. Nice carnation coral and WOW!!!! on sun cup corals. Thanks for sharing. Please sent more photos when possible. That carnation from your part of the world also Fiji and other parts of world. Thank you so much for kind words. I'm making progress, baby steps, but making progress. One day, maybe we'll finally know how to care for them and they thrive. Till then stay tune.
It's inspiring to see you going through the ups and downs and keep pushing. The dendronepthya and that type of sun coral are rare sight even at lfs around here. I'm ordering the turbastrea, they go for usd11 per polyp here. Sure will share some pics soon

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Containers to hold the Frags. this is where the frags attached to Rubble first, before a frag plug. It's been said that it should take up to 3 days for them to attach on to ruble but with me it's taking 7 days up to 14 days. I may need to drill more holes for a good water flow through it.

20190930_145443.jpg 20190930_145954.jpg 20190930_145959.jpg 20190930_150005.jpg

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have a ways to go to sell any Frags still trying for them to thrive. Plus you know shipping is high when you only ship one or a few items.

Screenshot_20190926-135328.png

Yes, very familiar with extremely high shipping costs. Some people seem to have it down to an art. Small frags, smaller boxers, lower shipping. Others charge almost 100.00 for delivery and have no desire to look into a cheaper way to do it. Sadly that has made me forego purchases from them because I don't want to order 2-3 items and pay almost as much in shipping as I do for the corals.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank filtration

DIY canister filter out of two and a half gallon bucket
cheap protein skimmer made by seaclone 150 protein skimmer. Mainly use to aerate water. Skimz at 30% efficiency I think.
Some dead coral Rock from Florida in sump.
last on discharge side of return pump I have hooked up DIY DE filtration.
that's it, nothing special
Forgot, I keep water temperature at 76 degrees up to 78 degrees when it's hot here, using a chiller
canister filter
20190715_191758.jpg
DE Filter
20190716_221159.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, very familiar with extremely high shipping costs. Some people seem to have it down to an art. Small frags, smaller boxers, lower shipping. Others charge almost 100.00 for delivery and have no desire to look into a cheaper way to do it. Sadly that has made me forego purchases from them because I don't want to order 2-3 items and pay almost as much in shipping as I do for the corals.
when it comes to live animals none of them are cheap. U.s. post office, FedEx, UPS, unless you ship a considerable amount. Bummer

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back