OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will put pics up later if you don't mind, new to this so I just called them dendros! ;)
They’re scleronephthya colonies, get it right. You English people, have a mind of your own. When it's comes to Anglo-Saxons, I can't tell them apart, they all look alike to me. Heeeee

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did 30 gallon WC. real ocean water.

Screenshot_2019-08-26-00-20-59-1.png Screenshot_2019-08-26-00-20-49-1-1.png

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned

Could our corals be losing their natural defense against disease and die as a result of that? This would certainly explain why even well fed specimens perish. The problem then is, what do we do about that? I'm still formulating a plan of attack.

My opinion is, they are hardy. They live by polluted harbors, in heavy metal waters. And thrive. We just can't duplicate the ocean exact. So we need to think outside the box.

20190810_215022.jpg 20190810_214933.jpg
Find a way to “vaccinate” them?

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one @najer has...I think the same as some of yours. Are they "carnation" corals? I'm actually looking for one for my tank.
@najer has scleronephthya, common names, cauliflower coral, tree coral, flower tree coral, just few names? The ones I have , I notice need strong flow. Little more challenging from dendronephthya colonies, my opinion. I still haven't found an area strong enough for them, the other corals in the strong flow area. They(scleronephthya) open but not 100%.
Few months ago someone posted here a frag from coral swap meet, they only took a picture small but healthly, $40. Remember strong flow.

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@najer has scleronephthya, common names, cauliflower coral, tree coral, flower tree coral, just few names? The ones I have , I notice need strong flow. Little more challenging from dendronephthya colonies, my opinion. I still haven't found an area strong enough for them, the other corals in the strong flow area. They open but not 100%.
Few months ago someone posted here a frag from coral swap meet, they only took a picture small but healthly, $40. Remember strong flow.
Thank you. I do have an area suitable. I appreciate the info Doc.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back