DSC_0071 (1024x707).jpg
I think it's Vietnam, guessing

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They take awhile to get comfortable, unlike Carnation corals , they are all different. Very nice, looks like it's going to be large.

Left branch has the glass in the way, just looked, 5 - 6 inches across and expanding, two main stems! ;)

Steveoliv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 year of failures, why failures? If I couldn't keep my children of the sea alive and thriving, it's a failure, until now.
In the last three weeks, I've seen things in my children of the sea, that I wish I could record, but don't have proper equipment(yet) to record properly. But now I know, flow was the main key, to help them thrive, not just live. I've seen some look wilted and coming back with polyps visible, and gaining strength. Baby polyps of dendronephthya on most base rock that has a colony or two, when we add new colonies 2 dendronephthya and 22 Scleronephthya, no atrophy to them, no getting thin, no loss of polyps, no nothing yet.

We are raising Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya!!!!! Time is our enemy, because of time , we need to wait and see if they will live for more than 1.5 years. Indefinitely or close to it, would be imaginable. Stay tune. ......

Flow is key, by accident found a pattern that seems to mimic their environment. Took 2 years to stumble upon it .......stay tune

what’s was your trick ? care to share with us what u stumbled apon ?

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic of Dendra and Portia. Both still doing great. Dendra prefers growing up but Portia seems to like hanging. Dendra is 8 weeks old now i think and Portia is 2 weeks old.

image0.jpeg
Looking great, let them be. Month 4 or sooner the thinning begins, if they don't get enough food or are picky. I notice

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I rotate on magnets, I start that procedure, the first day I get the corals with the Beast I wish I would have started in the beginning but it's really big, hard to do. And now it's a little too late to start. The one I got from Vietnam loves it , same size maybe growing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back