Rally question

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed the carbon and media to dose Kick Ich/Rally in my clown's twenty gallon long.

Is the neon green tint going to last the entire treatment period, will it fade before another water change or not until the carbon goes back in?

Thanks

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it will slowly disappear and your ich will be still there, no question.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it will slowly disappear and your ich will be still there, no question.
Agree. It is not going to fix your ich issues.

OP
OP
Chukthunder

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. It is not going to fix your ich issues.

I'm not 100% sure it's ich, the spots on the clown I was worried about cleared up just from being groomed by the cleaner shrimp. I'm letting the tank go fallow for a while and dosing it rather than break it down. Hoping that if I medicate it now I won't have to take it down and can still use it to house rack of coral plugs. Thought it was best to assume it's parasites inside and out, feed the fish some medicated food and rotate it between two small tanks hoping parasites drop off.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not 100% sure it's ich, the spots on the clown I was worried about cleared up just from being groomed by the cleaner shrimp. I'm letting the tank go fallow for a while and dosing it rather than break it down. Hoping that if I medicate it now I won't have to take it down and can still use it to house rack of coral plugs. Thought it was best to assume it's parasites inside and out, feed the fish some medicated food and rotate it between two small tanks hoping parasites drop off.
The tank needs to gofsllow without any fish for 76 days and the fish need treated transferring isn’t going to help unless it’s ich and perfectly administered which it doesn’t sound like its happening. It could very likely be brook as well.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a host in the tank you will never get rid of the ich or other deceases.

OP
OP
Chukthunder

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you guys saying Rallys and Kick ich doesnt work?

Almost, what's being said is that as far as dipping goes it's a good product to use as a prophalactic measure, however the only real way to cure a tank of parasites is to remove any possible host for a time period well in excess if it's life cycle.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost, what's being said is that as far as dipping goes it's a good product to use as a prophalactic measure, however the only real way to cure a tank of parasites is to remove any possible host for a time period well in excess if it's life cycle.

Yes

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back