Randalls pistol shrimp pair vs yellow watchman pistol shrimp pair

Randalls pistol shrimp pair or yellow Watchman pistol shrimp pair

• Total voters

DD Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was debating on which one to get randalls pistol shrimp pair vs. yellow. watchman pistol shrimp pair. Was wondering what everyone else thinks about it.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was debating on which one to get randalls pistol shrimp pair vs. yellow. watchman pistol shrimp pair. Was wondering what everyone else thinks about it.
For clarification here, you're asking if you should get two pistol shrimps and one goby or two gobies and one pistol shrimp, correct? Because, to my knowledge, the typical yellow watchman pistol shrimp pair is a single yellow watchman goby with a single randall's (or tiger) pistol shrimp.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For clarification here, you're asking if you should get two pistol shrimps and one goby or two gobies and one pistol shrimp, correct? Because, to my knowledge, the typical yellow watchman pistol shrimp pair is a single yellow watchman goby with a single randall's (or tiger) pistol shrimp.
Perhaps mean:
1. Watchman goby with either Randall's or normal pistol shrimp (tiger?)?
2. Maybe means Randall's pistol shrimp plus either a YWG or other (Wheeler's?) Shrimp goby?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not the norm but I had a Candy pistol that my YWG tore apart in front of me. I got a tiger and all was well.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not the norm but I had a Candy pistol that my YWG tore apart in front of me. I got a tiger and all was well.
Ah, the ultimate betrayal.
1679589038994.png

OP
OP
DD Corals

DD Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry I meant if I were to get one pair would it be
Yellow watchman goby + pistol shrimp
Or
Randall’s pistol shrimp pair

Attachments

• 4959B997-B44F-48B9-8C47-C4E0B8A08A11.jpeg
    4959B997-B44F-48B9-8C47-C4E0B8A08A11.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 66

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I meant if I were to get one pair would it be
Yellow watchman goby + pistol shrimp
Or
Randall’s pistol shrimp pair
I believe that listing is just for the Randall's pistol shrimp, not the Randall's pistol shrimp + goby. If that is ReefCleaners, they don't sell fish. That is actually the pistol shrimp that I have, but the high fin goby I bought to pair with him disappeared.

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a YWG an Tiger Pistol...I originally wanted the Randall's but couldn't find any locally and don't like buying fish online.

They we were purchased separately from different stores about 3 days apart but paired in less than 24 hours. They are super fun to watch, the YWG lives up to his name and just guards their burrow all day but is always out front and not hiding. The Tiger Pistol is the most active guy I've ever seen. He moves sand and rearranges their burrow all day every day. Sometimes he will venture out further away from their burrow and the goby will just follow him around and hang out next to him no matter where he goes.

Pretty awesome combo

OP
OP
DD Corals

DD Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a YWG an Tiger Pistol...I originally wanted the Randall's but couldn't find any locally and don't like buying fish online.

They we were purchased separately from different stores about 3 days apart but paired in less than 24 hours. They are super fun to watch, the YWG lives up to his name and just guards their burrow all day but is always out front and not hiding. The Tiger Pistol is the most active guy I've ever seen. He moves sand and rearranges their burrow all day every day. Sometimes he will venture out further away from their burrow and the goby will just follow him around and hang out next to him no matter where he goes.

Pretty awesome combo
That's cool. I am looking for a goby + pistol shrimp pair to go into my 10-gallon tank that I plan to bring to college. So basically I can get any pistol shrimp but which is better yellow watchman goby or high fin goby?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back