OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
just product switcheroo. have had my BRS 2-part for awhile now. just stashed the stuff because I couldn't deal with it at the time. I took it out to mix up a batch and realized the bottles were opaque; I figured whatever; I was upset because a lot of the reason I went with the beginner pack instead of just buy the chemicals was because I wanted the clear bottles for my dosing containers. The straw was that when I went to mix up the sodium bicarb; the bottle didn't seal and I got splashed on... I immediately rinsed but my skin is still stinging. (psychosomatic?)
Anyway, the others seal fin; just the one... Nonetheless, if I'm returning one I may as well return all three. I doubt they have the clear bottles though.
So I mentioned they should take a photo that better represents the product... omg... I'm the worst customer... Went to Hospitality undergrad so am pretty indignant when it comes to service...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Only place I'll be getting corals online from is Battlecorals despite the Hydroids; the other 5 frags were impeccable. I'm in a populous enough place I'll just go to the frag swaps if I'm looking for new corals. Or will trade locally for 3D printed stuff. Am printing random flow nozzles to try-out right now. I cant sell these as they're not my design; but I can print them for someone for a frag or two. ;)
Shipping doesn't make sense unless its a big job so I stick to local.
That's my problem, and why I do so much DIY... I'm generally not happy. :p

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are 2 places in springfield. 1 guy used to be serious. But he downgraded severely. The other shop... I wont even talk about. But, fishguy is 2 hour 30 minute drive. There is nothing better closer. A lot of reef shops went down between 2019 and now. It's pretty sad.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There are 2 places in springfield. 1 guy used to be serious. But he downgraded severely. The other shop... I wont even talk about. But, fishguy is 2 hour 30 minute drive. There is nothing better closer. A lot of reef shops went down between 2019 and now. It's pretty sad.
The ones near me (20min drive) charge insane prices. I need to get out to Gingerbread or Blue Line in Naperville, IL to get better deals I think. I may be able todo BlueLine's auctions then drive the 45 minutes for pickup and freight savings.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went to a coral shop over in peoria. Never going again. The guy didn't have no prices on the glass, and. Big headache.

I stopped buying online. I am sick of frags.

Blue line looks alright. The auction is interesting. Nice you have some sweet places to visit.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My phyto experiment!
IMG_0227.JPEG
Its getting thicker and greener!

This little titration aid makes testing quite a bit more enjoyable and accurate.
IMG_0211.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went to a coral shop over in peoria. Never going again. The guy didn't have no prices on the glass, and. Big headache.

I stopped buying online. I am sick of frags.

Blue line looks alright. The auction is interesting. Nice you have some sweet places to visit.
Are you going to the Starved Rock Saltwater Expo? I'm not going... too far. Even farther for you I suppose.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hehe. I'm so stingy have a hard time paying shipping. I'll drive the 1/2 hour to a store if I really must but I'm doing good; I have counselling; and the aquarium hot-line helps when I get the 'urge'. All-in-all, things are looking up; no denial here. I don't want to get in the car, forget to pickup my kids and head over to BLC to pickout the biggest RFA or Challice I can find; the kids can walk home right? I mean they have legs and all...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So BRS has so far ghosted me since 10am on the 10th. I asked to return just the defective bottle for a replacement as I've already mixed the chemicals. They sent me an RMA for the whole kit with a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo about not taking already opened product so I'm just trying to verify that sending just the one bottle is ok.
I guess I muddied the water by also asking that if they have the clear bottles still if can I return all 3 for the clear ones...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So BRS has so far ghosted me since 10am on the 10th. I asked to return just the defective bottle for a replacement as I've already mixed the chemicals. They sent me an RMA for the whole kit with a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo about not taking already opened product so I'm just trying to verify that sending just the one bottle is ok.
I guess I muddied the water by also asking that if they have the clear bottles still if can I return all 3 for the clear ones...
I was wrong. They sent me a response and an RMA the moment I commented I wanted to return the bottles. Mathew was on the ball; I just got confused by the email string; the thread always seems rearranged so I have no idea where to look for the most recent response.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got some more coral from a local reefer I found on OfferUp! He was super chill and hooked me up with some great frags! They're detailed in photos in my np k7v3 voyage thread. I have been updating the top post with the relevant information.
IMG_0293.JPEG IMG_0296.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As I was perusing the Noopsyche section of the forum it occurred to me that I may have become my most despised of consumers. The fanboy...

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was perusing the Noopsyche section of the forum it occurred to me that I may have become my most despised of consumers. The fanboy...
Glad to hear they are proving to be of high standard. They seem to be the bridge between black box and designer

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back