OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glad to hear they are proving to be of high standard. They seem to be the bridge between black box and designer
I don't know if there is much of a line between designer and black box given the recent video by prolificbreed. I am surprised to see that kind of damage oh high end lamps.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Finished my kid's 3D printed speed boat!
IMG_0121.JPEG IMG_0120.JPEG IMG_0208.JPEG IMG_0207.JPEG IMG_0247.JPEG
Will be putting the build video up on my YouTube eventually. Its really fast. But, I waterproofed the speed controller in some stuff that, I surmise, ate away the thermal glue between the cooling block so it would shut-down periodically to cool-off. The big plus was that I didn't burn anything out like I did in my first revision of the boat. I'll re-apply the paste and get back out on the water.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished my kid's 3D printed speed boat!
IMG_0121.JPEG IMG_0120.JPEG IMG_0208.JPEG IMG_0207.JPEG IMG_0247.JPEG
Will be putting the build video up on my YouTube eventually. Its really fast. But, I waterproofed the speed controller in some stuff that, I surmise, ate away the thermal glue between the cooling block so it would shut-down periodically to cool-off. The big plus was that I didn't burn anything out like I did in my first revision of the boat. I'll re-apply the paste and get back out on the water.
So you are like the coolest dad, ever :cool:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So you are like the coolest dad, ever :cool:
Just trying! My incredible wife makes it all possible by bank-rolling it. I doubt I'd be 1/4 as fun if I was back in the grind.

My daughter caught her first Large Mouth Bass on the boat's testing trip. The boats are all so I can get like 10 minutes of peaceful fishing in a 2 hour trip.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishing is my jam too! Growing up in Florida we had canals everywhere and I would spend my evenings and weekends fishing for hours. Every year for my birthday, my dad would take me to lake Okeechobee with a guide for some large mouth fishing. It was some of my fondest memories! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes::smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I had printed the hull sections on rafts I would have been able to finish it without the lines... *face-palm*
I use DryDex spackle on the larger seams then I spray the whole thing several times with Primer/Filler which is then sanded and painted for a smooth finish despite using a .6 nozzle to print fast.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
finally organized my Noopsyche PSUs in my stand. Just screwed them to a painted board and put them in the back of the stand. I 3D printed spacers to get them off the board by about 1/4".
IMG_0351.JPEG
Also, I got a 2-way toggle switch and 3D printed a case for it and hooked it into my Apex so that when the fuge light is off I can easily turn it on. It also has a feeding cycle shortcut so my fish sitter doesn't forget to turn the return pump back on..
IMG_0350.JPEG
And, I added some pvc to block-out my Fuge light when its on so I don't get algae elsewhere in my sump.
IMG_0355.JPEG IMG_0356.JPEG

Last edited:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally organized my Noopsyche PSUs in my stand. Just screwed them to a painted board and put them in the back of the stand. I 3D printed spacers to get them off the board by about 1/4".
IMG_0351.JPEG
Also, I got a 2-way toggle switch and 3D printed a case for it and hooked it into my Apex so that when the fuge light is off I can easily turn it on. It also has a feeding cycle shortcut so my fish sitter doesn't forget to turn the return pump back on..
IMG_0350.JPEG
And, I added some pvc to block-out my Fuge light when its on so I don't get algae elsewhere in my sump.
IMG_0355.JPEG IMG_0356.JPEG
So fancy! :star-struck:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m sitting in SeaTac waiting to board and slowly have apprehension settling in. So far there has always been an issue to fix when I get back from vacation. This time my apex hooked me up with a little piece of mind but I’m still nervous about getting back…

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sitting in SeaTac waiting to board and slowly have apprehension settling in. So far there has always been an issue to fix when I get back from vacation. This time my apex hooked me up with a little piece of mind but I’m still nervous about getting back…
I'm pretty sure this is a universal feeling for most. I have only stepped away once for longer than a day ,and I came back to a problem as well. Sending you good vibes that you will return to a tank with either no or minimal issues.
Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Made it! I think everyone is accounted for. The frag shelf was tossed but I think recently because nothing was worse for wear. More updates later. Guess I needed to tell my fish sitter to clean the glass...
IMG_0404.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I may have my skimmer set too conservatively. This was all the skimate I got for a week. It is daaaark tho.
IMG_0407.JPEG
This guy was kept busy as witnessed by all the 'kisses' on the front glass in the prior post.
IMG_0446.JPEG
The Corals seem to be ok; some growth - will be more images in my K7V3 voyage post about it:
IMG_0444.JPEG
I think my Cardinal is holding!
IMG_0450.JPEG IMG_0449.JPEG
Kind of tempted to plumb in a nursery tank for the pair.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have my skimmer set too conservatively. This was all the skimate I got for a week. It is daaaark tho.
IMG_0407.JPEG
This guy was kept busy as witnessed by all the 'kisses' on the front glass in the prior post.
IMG_0446.JPEG
The Corals seem to be ok; some growth - will be more images in my K7V3 voyage post about it:
IMG_0444.JPEG
I think my Cardinal is holding!
IMG_0450.JPEG IMG_0449.JPEG
Kind of tempted to plumb in a nursery tank for the pair.
It does look like the bottom one is holding eggs in his mouth! Thats so cool! I've read that the first few times, they may end up swallowing them if they are new parents. Either way, thats super exciting and I think means that they are thriving!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It does look like the bottom one is holding eggs in his mouth! Thats so cool! I've read that the first few times, they may end up swallowing them if they are new parents. Either way, thats super exciting and I think means that they are thriving!
Just luck with those two I think they paired up and were stoked enough to live. The other three eventually became moribund one by one and went similarly to the way your recently did. Sorry btw.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just luck with those two I think they paired up and were stoked enough to live. The other three eventually became moribund one by one and went similarly to the way your recently did. Sorry btw.
Thanks and yeah... it was a long battle with a sucky outcome. In the end, I felt a bit of relief when she finally passed. I had invested so much time trying to treat, raise live food and get some nutrition in her with no improvement. I'm glad that I never gave up though, which would have led to regret in some form. I'm on the fence whether or not I will try another one in the future. I think a pair like yours would be super cool. However, I don't think its right fit for my current tank and its inhabitants. Keep posting pictures of yours though! I'll live vicariously through you HAHA :winking-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some upcoming projects! CO2 scrubbing and beefier Doser mounts. I need to redo all my wiring and power-bar mounting to accommodate the scrubber and because the pull-out has more resistance due to my lack of foresight for new things in initial setup, and because things change... Also installed a new filter floss roll. The last one ran out when I was on vacation. So, 1/4 of a $20 roll of Pellon910 has lasted ~ 3or4weeks. Not bad; around $20/qtr. for scrubbed water.
IMG_0559.JPEG IMG_0558.JPEG IMG_0535.JPEG
My arrow crab! He is so awesome. All these photos have weird light settings with lens kit.
IMG_0555.JPEG IMG_0536.JPEG IMG_0538.JPEG IMG_0556.JPEG
My RBTA split again (top)! And, I think the other half of the original RBTA (bottom) is fixing to split again too if I can keep this up. I think the red&purple monti has about 1/2 a cm growth since I added my K7V3s
IMG_0553.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Accidentally blew out all my Apex configurations today while trying to figure out where my missing modules were... turns out they were there all along; until I reset everything. I really did need todo it; for some reason when I did the init all after getting the 2nd hand unit it didn't clear out the modules. so I'd get a little red box in the corner... merely an annoyance. Not worth loosing some time reconfiguring it all. At least now I really know what I did.
Comparison photos:

5/16 6/3 6/5
IMG_0284.JPEG IMG_0504.JPEG IMG_0551.JPEG
IMG_0218.JPEG IMG_0503.JPEG IMG_0547.JPEG

Back