RAP Newbie Questions

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering attending RAP-Chicago since I'm from the Twin Cities. I've never attended a RAP before, but since this is the first time they have brought RAP to the midwest I'm interested in going both for the fun of it, and because it would be nice to have an annual event like this in the relatively close area, so I'd like to support it. I did attend MACNA for the first time last year in Las Vegas but can't make it to the one in Orlando this year (MACNA needs to stop scheduling the event for right when the K-12 school year starts. I'm not a teacher but it still makes it hard for other school employees like me to get away that time of year).

I'm curious how the two shows compare. I really enjoyed all the speaker events at MACNA and essentially spent the full 3 days of MACNA 2018 in various talks and perused the show floor in between. But I also intentionally attended MACNA because I knew that educational/speaker events were a major part of the show.

Since I've never attended a RAP. I'm not sure if there are talks that aren't listed yet, or only the couple of speakers listed on the RAP-Chicago page currently. While I enjoy the show floor, seeing cool new gear, show tanks and fish/coral for sale. I also don't really have a need for additional gear, or a bunch of extra money set aside to spend on livestock. Pretty much just trying to figure out how much time I should expect to devote if I attend, and if I should plan on attending both days. We have family to visit within short distance, as well as it would be fun to go to the Field Museum and a few other places while in the Chicago area so even if I only attend on Saturday I have enough justification for the drive.

For those with some experience attending previous RAP events. What type of things are typically in the welcome bag that comes with the diamond passes? I am on the fence about attending one or two days. I'm wondering if anything in the previous grab bags is something that might push me over the edge to buying the 2-day pass even if I might only attend a single day.

Reef A Palooza California

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are not getting the feedback you are looking for from others. Please feel free to check out You Tube and you can find mulitple 3rd party videos from those with some experience attending previous RAP & MACNA events over the years.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back