Rare & Exotic Saltwater Livestock - What Are You Looking For?

Discussion in 'Fishy Business Aquatics' started by FishyBusinessAq, Jul 18, 2018.

1. dodgerblew

dodgerblew Valuable Member

Hey there FBA, I sent you message, it will be a week ago tomorrow. Haven't heard back yet

2. FishyBusinessAq

FishyBusinessAq Fishy Business Aquatics R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

Sorry, but I'm not sure who this is...

3. BigKid4788

BigKid4788 Well-Known Member

would a hard to find fish ever be in general inventory?
    Thanks

FishyBusinessAq likes this.
  4. FishyBusinessAq

FishyBusinessAq Fishy Business Aquatics R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

Yes, that is a possibility. In fact, we are adding several of the fish mentioned in this thread so people can get on the waiting list for them. We are adding at least 10 new fish to our inventory this week (some of which we have in stock now, but didn't have on our site yet.) We will be sure to post them on our New Inventory thread (and on this thread if they are a fish someone has mentioned on here.) Thanks!

5. dodgerblew

dodgerblew Valuable Member

I started a conversation with you regarding a question I have this past Sunday at 6:59 AM. It shows it went through in my conversation list.

6. FishyBusinessAq

OOPS, I was looking for something in email vs. on here. I have replied to your message.

7. FishyBusinessAq

We have provided are various regional buyers with all of the fish that have been requested here and they are looking for them. Depending on the fish, this may take weeks to months depending on if they can only be found, are only caught seasonally or have restrictions. We are maintaining lists with who has requested what and will let you know if we can get one (or more) of the fish you have requested. Sorry, it takes a while on fish we don't get regularly.

Thanks!

Leslie Tabor and 408Dartfish like this.
  8. foxt

foxt Well-Known Member Partner Member 2019

Great! My request (Gunnelichthys curiosus, or curious wormfish) isn't listed on your site, so I don't know how to ask to be notified if it ever becomes available. If you have success, will you be getting back to us here, or should we be signing up to be notified when/if you have a fish on the list?

9. FishyBusinessAq

We will let you know here if we get them in (or if we find out if we can't get them.)

foxt likes this.
  10. Chaotic

Chaotic Active Member

Hi! Just went through this thread, cool rare fish I have never heard of before! I was looking through your site, and saw the Sunburst anthias, I was wondering how well these would fare in a smaller tank? I have a 45 gallon cube. I know they are a slightly smaller anthia, and dont move around as much as their cousins, so would it be ok to have a SMALL one in my system? If so, would it ok in there as it gets larger, or no? How fast do they grow? Sorry for all the questions, I just cant seem to find a whole lot on care for these guys in particular compared to other anthia species

11. FishyBusinessAq

We recommend a 70-gallon tank, but there are others that state that a 30 gallon is sufficient. They are fairly slow growers, should be kept with peaceful tankmates, need plenty of hiding spaces and can become territorial.

Here are a couple of informative articles on them: https://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/13/awesome-fish-spotlight-serranocirrhitus-latus-sunburst-anthias/ and https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/7/fish

Hope that helps!

Chaotic likes this.
  12. GoldeneyeRet

GoldeneyeRet Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

Lactoria fornasini

13. Chaotic

Chaotic Active Member

Thank you! I will do some more research, and check your site regularly for when they come back in stock!

14. FishyBusinessAq

Tallison likes this.
  15. Tallison

Tallison Active Member Build Thread Contributor

16. FishyBusinessAq

Yep, sorry!

17. 3mm3

3mm3 Valuable Member

Also looking for
    Halichoeres marginitus

18. FishyBusinessAq

19. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

Not in the market at the moment but out of curiosity do you ever get mated pairs of butterflyfish in?

20. FishyBusinessAq

Just wanted to let you know that we have 1 Small Marine Betta in stock - I'm not at the warehouse so I can't see what the coloring is, but it is definitely a small, so I wanted to let you know.