• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Rare String of Pearls macro $25.00 shipped.

joekidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I decided to sell some of my String of Pearls. As a deep water algae it does well in any type of lighting, they like strong flow to keep detritus from settling on the pearls.

I have three portions available, no heat pads so be mindful of your weather conditions, this algae can be shipped cold but not frozen. If you have herbivores you want to grow it out in a refugium first.

Pm me for PayPal or Venmo, shipping priority, tomorrow or next Monday, whatever you prefer, USPS is kinda crazy right now.

20210111_184245.jpg
20210111_184900.jpg
20210111_185237.jpg

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered more boxes, I have 10 portions available. I'm able to ship this Monday and Tuesday. Its $25.00 shipped.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id like to buy a portion if you think it'll do okay with a starry blenny (listed as herbivore but it seems to eat microalgae and whole meaty foods only)

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id like to buy a portion if you think it'll do okay with a starry blenny (listed as herbivore but it seems to eat microalgae and whole meaty foods only)

I'm in northeast TN about an hour east of Knoxville. It will be a hit or miss with the Blenny. Do you have a refugium you could grow it out in before putting it into the display?

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in northeast TN about an hour east of Knoxville. It will be a hit or miss with the Blenny. Do you have a refugium you could grow it out in before putting it into the display?
No but its an inexpensive purchase so I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if it didn't work out. I do not have a skimmer though, is that necessary for macro?

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but its an inexpensive purchase so I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if it didn't work out. I do not have a skimmer though, is that necessary for macro?

No, a skimmer may slow the growth due to it taking nutrients out of the water, its not gonna kill it either if you decide to get a skimmer down the road. Macroalgae will freely take up nutrients improving water quality. Its not a fast growing algae like chato but it still works for nutrient export. When its growing good each strand will grow a pearl a week.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, a skimmer may slow the growth due to it taking nutrients out of the water, its not gonna kill it either if you decide to get a skimmer down the road. Macroalgae will freely take up nutrients improving water quality. Its not a fast growing algae like chato but it still works for nutrient export. When its growing good each strand will grow a pearl a week.
Just waiting on the wife's stamp of approval, I'll let you know here in a bit but you probably have yourself a sale.

Back