Rare/Uncommon “Nano” Fish

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so for those of you that don’t know, I recently (A month or so ago) setup a 3’x16”x1’ tank. Now, I have finally figured out the final plan for this tank. And that is to go for less fish but rare fish. My main showpiece will be a Multicolour Angel however I will have 3 Pink Streaks and 2 Tanakai Pygmy Wrasses in the tank as well. I don’t want a ton of fish and would rather let the coral have room to grow however I would love maybe 1 or 2 more suggestions (I may swap out the 2 Tanakai’s). I would rather have small groups or pairs of most of the fish so I’d prefer the smaller fish.
So far the list is;
- 2 Wetmorella tanakai
- 3 Pseudocheilinops ataenia**
- 1 Centropyge multicolour(**?)
** = I have or I may be able to get right now.

So let’s hear some of your recommendations for my final 2-3 fish for this stocking list!!
I will also say, I love some of the newer Oman species that are coming into this hobby.
Also, I forgot to mention however here’s what I have in the tank currently in terms of coral/inverts;
- Deresa Clam
- Mixed SPS, Acropora heavy
- Fire/Blood Shrimp
- Harlequin Serpent Star

Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I plan to add 2 maybe 3 more fish to this list. Trying to keep it lower in numbers though however let’s hear some more rare fish!

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caribbean masked gobies. They swim in the water column, don't sit on the rocks, are peaceful and hardy. If you feel daring, try blue stripe pipefish.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly rare fish you don’t plan for. You just walk into the LFS one day and go… what the heck is THAT?!

The last fish like that for me was the 9 lined goby. I have only ever seen it that once.

As far as semi rare. Yellow stripe clingfish have boat loads of personality and wag their tails when excited!

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yasha goby is a really good one. Not to commonly seen, stays super small and wont bother anyone. I stole one from petco more or less about a week ago. They had one in and had no idea what it was, so they sold it to me for 20 dollars rofl.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should probably mention that this stocking list is for when I have my current guys die unfortunately. Currently I have quite a few gobies (and have owned several others). The ones I have currently that are close to the end of their lifespans are;
- Yasha Goby
- Black Clown Goby (Not 100% sure on how close this guy is to the end of his lifespan)
- Griessinger Goby

I also have a blue star leopard in the tank.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think how is fish availability in the UK?
Honestly, captive bred fish are hard to get hold of and when they do… even a yasha goby goes for high double digits.
As for rare fish, we get some rarities for some cheaper prices than you’d expect (Although it is still quite a hefty price tag).

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay, so for those of you that don’t know, I recently (A month or so ago) setup a 3’x16”x1’ tank. Now, I have finally figured out the final plan for this tank. And that is to go for less fish but rare fish. My main showpiece will be a Multicolour Angel however I will have 3 Pink Streaks and 2 Tanakai Pygmy Wrasses in the tank as well. I don’t want a ton of fish and would rather let the coral have room to grow however I would love maybe 1 or 2 more suggestions (I may swap out the 2 Tanakai’s). I would rather have small groups or pairs of most of the fish so I’d prefer the smaller fish.
So far the list is;
- 2 Wetmorella tanakai
- 3 Pseudocheilinops ataenia**
- 1 Centropyge multicolour(**?)
** = I have or I may be able to get right now.

So let’s hear some of your recommendations for my final 2-3 fish for this stocking list!!
I will also say, I love some of the newer Oman species that are coming into this hobby.
Also, I forgot to mention however here’s what I have in the tank currently in terms of coral/inverts;
- Deresa Clam
- Mixed SPS, Acropora heavy
- Fire/Blood Shrimp
- Harlequin Serpent Star
Check Biota's website out. They've got some nifty nano fish. For some reason they don't show up in the list of all fish so you have to do a search for nano.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back