Rare Wild Pair of Latezonatus Clownfish

nicknguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Wild Pair of Latezonatus Clownfish. Just Wondering if anyone have any interest in them? 4K for the Pair.

James Mikell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any diffrence between captive snd wild caught? Just trying to figure out the steep price diffrence between you and live aquaria

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any diffrence between captive snd wild caught? Just trying to figure out the steep price diffrence between you and live aquaria

Typically, there's a HUGE difference. Mother nature gets it right. WC clowns are usually perfect. Jaws line up, gills lay flat, Body shape is smooth and muscular. It's just really really hard for breeders to compete with the perfection of mother nature. Some breeders are getting pretty good at it though.

OP
OP
nicknguyen

nicknguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_5457.jpg
DSC_5449.jpg
DSC_5446.jpg
DSC_5442.jpg
DSC_5436.jpg

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Latz clowns, and just got a pair from LA. While I can't say anything specific about captive v. wild caught Latz, I rarely see captive bred occelaris or percula clowns that look properly developed. I assume the same holds true for Latz.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for sharing video and pics. I've never seen them.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WC Latz Clowns have temperature issues. I recollect that the preferred temperature is 6 to 8 degrees lower than most reefer tanks are kept at. Is there a preferred temperature for aquacultured Latz?

OP
OP
nicknguyen

nicknguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WC Latz Clowns have temperature issues. I recollect that the preferred temperature is 6 to 8 degrees lower than most reefer tanks are kept at. Is there a preferred temperature for aquacultured Latz?
I have them at 77 degrees and doing great.

nickg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree Latin... You want to know what they are worth? What ever he wants and someone is willing to pay. Are you a Clown appraiser?

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got in the saltwater hobby over 15 years ago. I was so naive because there was a seller, that called everything rare that he sold. Members visit me at my home saying that wasn't rare. Through the years I've gotten more experience, and be become a connoisseur on clownfish, in fact I'm actually breeding clownfish. As for the rare Latezonatus Clownfish I actually know of very well, and had the opportunity to purchase a breeding pair around $1500.Is not a fish I find attractive but it each is own. I'm not a clownfish appraiser, but I can voice my opinion.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, don't mean to dog your beautiful fish...but that white mark whatever it is around the eye of the one fish would prevent me from buying.
That being said...Every body has their "wow" pair of clowns ...for me it's the melanopus from vanuatu with the bright orange body and radiant blue stripes...also very hard to get these days....

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back