Raspberry PI v2 camera error

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my Raspberry PI Zero rev1.3 running and installed reef-Pi for testing. However, the camera tab doesn't work and only shows and saves black images. It also shows a "404 page not found | HTTP 404" on the top right.
I have a Raspberry Pi camera v2 module connected.

Also, if I run the bucket command from the Troubleshoot guide
Code:
sudo reef-pi db buckets
I get: Failed due to error: Failed to open database. Check if reef-pi is already running
Reef-Pi is running though and I can see the historical CPU and Mem load in the dashboard
(BTW a legend would be nice, since I have no idea what 0.3 CPU and 12 memory mean)
1655231420760.png

I enabled the camera support in raspbi-config and if I run
Code:
raspistill -o image.jpg
I actually get an image. I downloaded it using WinSCP and it shows my living room. The regular images Reef-Pi has been taking are black however.

Has anybody had the same issue ?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my Raspberry PI Zero rev1.3 running and installed reef-Pi for testing. However, the camera tab doesn't work and only shows and saves black images. It also shows a "404 page not found | HTTP 404" on the top right.
I have a Raspberry Pi camera v2 module connected.

Also, if I run the bucket command from the Troubleshoot guide
Code:
sudo reef-pi db buckets
I get: Failed due to error: Failed to open database. Check if reef-pi is already running
Reef-Pi is running though and I can see the historical CPU and Mem load in the dashboard
(BTW a legend would be nice, since I have no idea what 0.3 CPU and 12 memory mean)
1655231420760.png

I enabled the camera support in raspbi-config and if I run
Code:
raspistill -o image.jpg
I actually get an image. I downloaded it using WinSCP and it shows my living room. The regular images Reef-Pi has been taking are black however.

Has anybody had the same issue ?
You have to stop reef-pi daemon before you can run the db commands

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the camera integration for ages, but it should not be broken (at least we have not done anything to break it intentionally ). I’ll verify and get back

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back