Rate Hanna checkers from most important to ehhh maybe.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t say that. I’m making the argument that my checker could be off. If you read all of my comments, it explains my experience.
Excuse me, was only trying to help, you quoted someone that said you should have bought the phosphorus checker instead of the phosphate checker, you replied with “yes I should have”, so sorry if I mistook that as you agreeing you bought the wrong checker.

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse me, was only trying to help, you quoted someone that said you should have bought the phosphorus checker instead of the phosphate checker, you replied with “yes I should have”, so sorry if I mistook that as you agreeing you bought the wrong checker.
Read and read (past tense) changes how I implied what I said. I meant read as in now. Like read it and you’ll see what I’m saying. The other guy made a valid point. Both are good I bought mine simply for not having to convert it and having good reviews.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read and read (past tense) changes how I implied what I said. I meant read as in now. Like read it and you’ll see what I’m saying. The other guy made a valid point. Both are good I bought mine simply for not having to convert it and having good reviews.

What are you going on about! you clearly agreed with Sam saying you should have bought the other one and then went on to say you might sell it and buy the phosphorus one, I was only pointing out they both have the same accuracy so you weren’t thinking you made a mistake, then you rudely tell me to “read” whatever!! as the other guy said, you clearly can’t help some people.

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you going on about! you clearly agreed with Sam saying you should have bought the other one and then went on to say you might sell it and buy the phosphorus one, I was only pointing out they both have the same accuracy so you weren’t thinking you made a mistake, then you rudely tell me to “read” whatever!! as the other guy said, you clearly can’t help some people.
You need to relax my friend. I actually thought we had a misunderstanding but clearly you’re an angry person. Anyways, “might” was the word right? I even try to clarify myself again and you want to come back at me with some dumb nonsense.

yea, I was pointing out to you to read the whole post, not just my last statement to clarify. Stop being so sensitive... it’s not good for your health.

wilsonline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300 different answers lol
Nothing wrong with that though.
I personally would only recommend 100% the salinity pen (conductivity meter). Because it's so practical and precise. I recommend calibrating it and mix 35 ppt water and save it in a water bottle. This way you always have calibration fluid.
Also, I would usually recommend the ULR phosphate/phosphorous. But I tested my 4 or 5 times last time bc I had a weird feeling it was bad. All readings came different and VERY different. like 0.07 0.15 0.03 0.35... I was like why didn't I check this before. And I noticed once it did that but I only performed 2 or 3 tests and wasn't sure about one of them. It may just be one bad Lemmon, but that made me believe my phosphate was high and looks like it was near zero like red sea test showed. I'm heaving a dino problem bc I added more RowaPhos to drop the PO4. Hight number coming out of the Hanna. Now I know nothing. I mean I can't really say the Hanna is bad and the Red Sea is good. I need a third test lol. But Hanna seems to be the problem bc 4 tests one after another and all different values.
I have the kh checker and prefer my salifert or the red sea kh test. Just as easy and much cheaper. And they matched the trident calibration solution while the hanna was 0.6 dkh off. Not a big deaal, but there're cheaper options that are just as good so.

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok the time has finally come where ive invested a few thousand into my tank and things are going pretty good but some of my tests are hot garbage. (Aka...API) Ya I'm calling you and your "phosphate" test out API. I wish I could just go online and order all the tests that I need tomrw but since they these tests cost more than some of my friggin corals, I'm gonna hafta go one at a time. So here is why I need your help. I'm going to start putting some cash aside and start buying a new Hanna Checker every 2 weeks until I have all the ones I need. They seem to be the most accurate and easy to use. I can't be over here like Mister Magoo trying to match up colors with color charts that all look the exact same color to me just to find out if my mag is low that day. Smh......API ;Rage. Sooo, which test checkers do you think I should go with first to last. Right now I have the Api Mater reef kit for my PH, nitrite, nitrate and ammonia and the individual Api and Rika tests for cal, mag and phos. My tank is almost 9 months old 70Gal and I've recently started dosing cal and mag and seen good results. I just need my tests to be exact so I can make accurate dosing and its impossible when my phos option are 0.0 or 0.25 and nothing in between. So which should should I start with first and are there any other options other than the Hanna ones that I maybe don't need to sell my first born child for?? Thanks guys
I'm beginning to switch over, myself. After years of losing my mind over color comparator charts, I've finally decided to spend a few extra bucks and make things a little easier on myself. I started with a Hanna pH checker and recently picked up a copper checker for my quarantine tank. I'll probably round them out with the "essentials:" alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, maybe phosphate. Likely I'll stick with my refractometer and glass hydrometer for the time being. And, I'm not worried about ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate, since you only really need to see a deeper color in the test solution to know there is a problem. But, who knows, I may end up going all electronic in the future.

wilsonline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my short experience with the NO3 checker was like amazing precision but a pain in the but lol. Yes, I tested 2 or 3 times and the result came with 0.02 ppm of difference which is ***** awesome. Unfortunately, 30 min to perform that test. Great precision, but takes too long.

paul barker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test twice a week I keep 1.026 cal 450 kh 9.2 to 9.5 mag 1500 I have all Hanna checkers and a set of salifert kits and redsea set I like the redsea no3 po4 pro kit I do use the no3 Hanna checker I don't like the Hanna cal checker that much you got to make sure you don't put to much tank water in it I use salifert mag I like it kh Hanna all day long I have low no3 but my po4 is to high for my licking no3 .50 po4 .08

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back