Rate my nano 1-10 honestly.

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my nano 10g mixed reef. Running about a year now it has a bit of filling in to do. I plan on adding more reds, pinks and blues. Letd hear ratings 1-10 + maybe some constructive criticism

20200405_201417.jpg

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, I would not add anymore coral to this tank though. Even with just what you have you'll have coral growing into each other in no time. If you want more color variation I would consider trading things out instead of adding.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7. Your frogspawn is going to start crowding everything out soon and will need fragging. I’d also seriously put some sort of screen top over it though. I’ve lost too many clownfish that way. People will say they don’t go carpet surfing. Every clown i’ve owned has slept that the waters’ surface and IME they especially go carpet surfing because of that.

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The livestock looks awesome!! the glass looks a bit dirty and the water level looks low but the corals are huge and super healthy!!

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give it a 10, like the fact you have the GSP by itself, it can overrun everything quickly.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The livestock looks awesome!! the glass looks a bit dirty and the water level looks low but the corals are huge and super healthy!!
Water level is the max the tank will allow. And it's just after water change so salt is on the glass! I need to wipe it down haha

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7. Your frogspawn is going to start crowding everything out soon and will need fragging. I’d also seriously put some sort of screen top over it though. I’ve lost too many clownfish that way. People will say they don’t go carpet surfing. Every clown i’ve owned has slept that the waters’ surface and IME they especially go carpet surfing because of that.
Screen is off because I am about to feed.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6/10 The corals look healthy, the colour is pretty blue but not insane blue. You are not overstocked on fish, but maybe inverts. You could improve you rating at least 1 by cleaning the glass. It's dirty. Both with algae and water spots. This is visually distracting. Doesn't help that the table it's on is all scratched up but if you took the photo at a slightly different angle I would never know that.

Your rock is close to the glass on the sides which contributes to the dirty sides. Your aquascape is also very similar height on both sides. The coral selection is great, but the placement so so. Maybe you have them in the spots where they will do the best, but I don't think you have them in the spots they look the best. Since this is a nano you don't need super fast growth. I would consider the hammer lower. Maybe have the rock come forward on the sand a little more on one side.

I hope this constructive criticism helps, far too often people will just say your tank is great and that's it. I will say you could probably make it a 9/10 with everything you have there possibly needing just some glue and or epoxy and a scraper blade.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, I would not add anymore coral to this tank though. Even with just what you have you'll have coral growing into each other in no time. If you want more color variation I would consider trading things out instead of adding.
I plan on keeping things trimmed down. No more corals on rocks just maybe one in sandbed.
The euphillia may get moved to a different tank when it gets too big.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6/10 The corals look healthy, the colour is pretty blue but not insane blue. You are not overstocked on fish, but maybe inverts. You could improve you rating at least 1 by cleaning the glass. It's dirty. Both with algae and water spots. This is visually distracting. Doesn't help that the table it's on is all scratched up but if you took the photo at a slightly different angle I would never know that.

Your rock is close to the glass on the sides which contributes to the dirty sides. Your aquascape is also very similar height on both sides. The coral selection is great, but the placement so so. Maybe you have them in the spots where they will do the best, but I don't think you have them in the spots they look the best. Since this is a nano you don't need super fast growth. I would consider the hammer lower. Maybe have the rock come forward on the sand a little more on one side.

I hope this constructive criticism helps, far too often people will just say your tank is great and that's it. I will say you could probably make it a 9/10 with everything you have there possibly needing just some glue and or epoxy and a scraper blade.
I will definitly be tweaking the euphillia eventually. And no worries about inverts. Most of those are empty shells for the few hermits I have. And the rocks are far enough i can reach a scraper between them and the glass

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would actually move that gsp onto the rock. It’ll be held at bay by frogspawn & hammers. Here’s a 47 column I used to have for reference.

C730DC83-7B44-4752-827D-B975A7681C5A.jpeg

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving in under 3 months so I'll probably put the massive frogspawn at the top downward and move the rest upward. Or I'll hack half if it off and move it to a different tank. I have like 16 heads on the top. 5 on the gold hammer and 2 on the big frogspawn in the middle

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where would you put the corals in here? I'm moving soon so there will be a total reset on coral placement if needed.

My new tank is a lot more mindful of coral placement haha. No real risk of warfare like in this tank

Twìsted~Coral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks really good. Just needs to be cleaned before you asking for a rating ?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back