Rate of Dosing for Brightwell Aquatics Potassion-P

malfist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ya'll,

I need to increase my 100g aquarium 60ppm of potassium.

I purchased potassion-p from brightwell to do this. It is a blend of potassium chloride and potassium sulfate.

It's recommended maximum dosing is a

Stock solution of 5g per 240ml, each ml of stock solution will raise 1g 1.7ppm.
Dosing rate is 10ml of stock solution per 20g of aquarium water.

Effective max dose rate is 0.85ppm increase per day. It would take 71 days to dose 60ppm of potassium in my aquarium.

That seems like a really long time. Triton also has a supplement that they recommend dosing at a much higher rate (23ppm/day). Is there any reason I should dose at a higher rate? If I dose at 5ppm/day I reach my target increase in 12 days, and that doesn't feel like a huge increase for the aquarium, but I am no chemist.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ya'll,

I need to increase my 100g aquarium 60ppm of potassium.

I purchased potassion-p from brightwell to do this. It is a blend of potassium chloride and potassium sulfate.

It's recommended maximum dosing is a

Stock solution of 5g per 240ml, each ml of stock solution will raise 1g 1.7ppm.
Dosing rate is 10ml of stock solution per 20g of aquarium water.

Effective max dose rate is 0.85ppm increase per day. It would take 71 days to dose 60ppm of potassium in my aquarium.

That seems like a really long time. Triton also has a supplement that they recommend dosing at a much higher rate (23ppm/day). Is there any reason I should dose at a higher rate? If I dose at 5ppm/day I reach my target increase in 12 days, and that doesn't feel like a huge increase for the aquarium, but I am no chemist.

Forget the max dose rate. That rate is likely for people not dosing based on measurement.

I'd boost it over 4 days. :)

Back