RBTA hiding from new AI Prime 16HD???

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a new AI Prime 16HD two days ago ( I am using David Saxby's premade schedule, acclimation mode), was previously using Fluval Marine Nano. I purchased the RBTA last Saturday, so it is still fairly new. However, I acclimated the RBTA in the tank and it instantly found a crevice in my live rock (hasn't moved from the crevice since I moved it in the tank). With my old light, he would partially come out when the light was on (picture below).

I came in after work today and the anemone has moved further into the crevice. Is it still getting acclimated to the tank?? should I change my light settings?? Any recommendations?? This is my first Anemone, so Im already attached and want to do everything I can to keep it alive. I tried to spot feed it yesterday, so I put some mysis & krill into the crevice with what seemed to be no luck. Does anyone have any thoughts or anything I can do to help it survive??

(Using Master Saltwater Test Kit)
Salinity1.026
PH 7.8-8
Ammonia .25
NO2 0
NO3 0

Ignore the nasty Diatoms.

First picture is before AI Prime 16HD (with my old Fluval Marine Nano)
IMG_0545.jpg

AI Prime day 1
IMG_0573.jpg

AI Prime Day 2
IMG_0587.jpg

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let it be in my opinion it looks pretty happy, every time I have tried to move one they end up going where they want. If it needs more light it will find more light, or less light. I would also not worry about it not eating, but if you are worried I have fed mine the same thing I feed my corals and they always love it but a lot of people keep them successfully with no feeding at all. It is especially nerve racking with the first one but they are pretty good at getting where they are happy.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210408_180007.jpg

The one above the tang the first couple weeks liked to disappear into the rock as well, but I learned to just let them be.

OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let it be in my opinion it looks pretty happy, every time I have tried to move one they end up going where they want. If it needs more light it will find more light, or less light. I would also not worry about it not eating, but if you are worried I have fed mine the same thing I feed my corals and they always love it but a lot of people keep them successfully with no feeding at all. It is especially nerve racking with the first one but they are pretty good at getting where they are happy.
Thank you!

Back