Re-aquascaping this week and still confused as to what I should do....

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all again...I have posted a few threads on this already and have read all there in on here and elsewhere an can still not make up my mind as to the best way to do this,so as to stress fish and corals as little as possible. I am planning to change the aquascape of my 75 gallon mixed tank. I will use most of the same live rock and some new pieces of dry rock as well. I am planning to pull out most of the live rock, work on the new aquascape as fast as possible outside the tank and putting it back in again. The current aquascape is a long interconnected thing with overhangs and caves and I am planning to do more of a two island thing. This means I could pull out around 2/3 of the rocks, work on the first island and put it back in, then pull out the rest and do the second island. I have 9 fish including a diamond goby, a mandarin, clowns, a blue tang and a cardinal and some corals , including a bta and an elegance. So, my question is, what would be the best way to do this:

1. Pull out all corals...but how do I take out the anemone which is stuck on a rock? Put them in a bucket with power head and heater, leave the fish inside tank
2: Set up a second tank with water from main tank and move all fish and corals and some live rock while working on aquascape with the rest-again...what about anemone?
3: Pull out only the rock, work on aquascape outside the tank, on each half separately while leaving corals and fish inside.....here I am afraid that rocks might crush fish and/or corals...and also about stirring things up from sandbed.
Any other options? If not, which one do you think is less dangerous and stressful? Here is a picture of the current tank

aqua7.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess there are a few ways to go about it. you will get lots of options.
this is how I would do it. ( not saying it the "best" by any means )

I would set up a 2nd tank ot bin for the fish and corals move over some water ad heater and flow. maybe even a lid of some sort.

that way you have time not to rush on your new aquascape as long as the tank is heated and has flow they are good in there jut dont ad them to something to small.

once new scape is done, match temp and SG add water then fish and corals.
you will need a 2nd heater if you dont have one.

good luck!

OP
OP
E

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess there are a few ways to go about it. you will get lots of options.
this is how I would do it. ( not saying it the "best" by any means )

I would set up a 2nd tank ot bin for the fish and corals move over some water ad heater and flow. maybe even a lid of some sort.

that way you have time not to rush on your new aquascape as long as the tank is heated and has flow they are good in there jut dont ad them to something to small.

once new scape is done, match temp and SG add water then fish and corals.
you will need a 2nd heater if you dont have one.

good luck!
Thank you! I will post pics

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back