Re-Wiring Aquatic Life Hybrid

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The existing unit will likely not have any more changes made to it. Have you seen the new decorative covers that hide the T5 wires and the LED wires?

The new white units will have the decorative covers included as we figure these will be out in the living areas and will need to hide the cords.

The "in process" dimming hybrid unit will have a single power cord with 0 -10V input. Since this unit would be fully assembled we would have the single power cord. However it will not be adjustable like the current unit is, as the wires will be running through the ends of the fixture. So it will be fixed at the 18" width and all the existing 18" hybrid fixtures parts will work with the fixture. Just can't adjust to 16" or 23.25".

Thanks for the input. Are you running a peninsula tank?

I am not, I've bounced around on a couple of the different active threads about the hybrid option. I have a 30 inch cube that I plan to use a stand mounted rail system to run the wires down each of the rails.

The dimming hybrid sounds like a great option that I will hold out for, thanks!

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The existing unit will likely not have any more changes made to it. Have you seen the new decorative covers that hide the T5 wires and the LED wires?

The new white units will have the decorative covers included as we figure these will be out in the living areas and will need to hide the cords.

The "in process" dimming hybrid unit will have a single power cord with 0 -10V input. Since this unit would be fully assembled we would have the single power cord. However it will not be adjustable like the current unit is, as the wires will be running through the ends of the fixture. So it will be fixed at the 18" width and all the existing 18" hybrid fixtures parts will work with the fixture. Just can't adjust to 16" or 23.25".

Thanks for the input. Are you running a peninsula tank?

I ordered two 36” long fixtures from BRS about a month ago for a new build. I haven’t opened them yet but hope they have the new deceptive covers.

I was planning on modding these as well but also joining them together to make one 72” fixture.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I ordered two 36” long fixtures from BRS about a month ago for a new build. I haven’t opened them yet but hope they have the new deceptive covers.

I was planning on modding these as well but also joining them together to make one 72” fixture.

The decorative covers will not be included with the black units, as they are the base unit. We found that about 30% of the people using them are behind the scenes and would not want to spend the extra cost for them. So the decorative covers for the black units will be an accessory. The white units since we know will likely be seen out in the open we will be including the covers.

Let me know if you have any questions on joining the 2 - 36" units together.

damianoscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The decorative covers will not be included with the black units, as they are the base unit. We found that about 30% of the people using them are behind the scenes and would not want to spend the extra cost for them. So the decorative covers for the black units will be an accessory. The white units since we know will likely be seen out in the open we will be including the covers.

Let me know if you have any questions on joining the 2 - 36" units together.
I would like to know a better way of joining the two 36" together

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a pretty good plan to complete the work and was going to document it better this time and update this post with it. It will probably be a month or so before a complete the work though. My new tank probably won’t be ready for another couple of months.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

Will you be suspending them as a single unit with the 4 suspension wires? I had a customer use an all tread coupling nut to create the space between the fixtures and then was able to screw through the end plate to the couplings. Send me a PM and I can give you a call or send you an email with more of the details that they used.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, didn't mean we didn't make them, we already offer them, they are just not included with the black fixtures. Take a look at the link below, they are in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.aquaticlife.com/aquatic-life-t5ho-hybrid-decor-endcap.html?___SID=U
Plus installation video.

The decorative cover is a nice addition to the fixture! It really does offer a solution to provide a much cleaner looking light, but can still keep the cost of the fixture down.

Keep up the good work!

On a side note, not sure if you noticed it yet but there is a typo in your video.

7883FCA3-CC12-4C05-93E0-E80F14EA2EB6.jpeg

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The decorative cover is a nice addition to the fixture! It really does offer a solution to provide a much cleaner looking light, but can still keep the cost of the fixture down.

Keep up the good work!

On a side note, not sure if you noticed it yet but there is a typo in your video.

7883FCA3-CC12-4C05-93E0-E80F14EA2EB6.jpeg

Thanks for the catch on the spelling. I will see if the person that did the video can fix it.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
When will the white lights be released, is there any sneak peaks at them ?

They should start shipping this week to resellers. Let me see if I can get some photos, the samples that I have are really good looking. I might be partial......

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back