ready for rock

White Hair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to order rock today,need a little help on how much.Years ago they said 1# per gal, i’ve heard the theory is changing as of late. I have a 29 gal tank and it will be fish and coral, what’s the verdict these days, thanks.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always order more than what I think I'll need. You can sell it pretty easily if you don't use it all or break up the leftovers to make rubble for frags.

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always order more than what I think I'll need. You can sell it pretty easily if you don't use it all or break up the leftovers to make rubble for frags.
+1
I have a 78g display (reefer 350) and it has 76lbs of reefsaver rock in it. I may add more later on.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the look you are going for. That Florida live rock is heavier than the live rock of the past. You may need more that the 1# per gallon. Personally, I like a lot of rock. I would get the 30# and then use some dry rock as base rock if that wasn't enough.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back