Ready for takeoff! Red Sea 130

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the Nano all set up and ready to go 2 weeks ago. It already has 2 residents who are doing well.

So I am ready to start adding corals. I'm planning on starting with soft corals, because I read that they are more forgiving. I have a bottle of Coral Rx for a dip. I have Red Sea dosing chemicals if needed.

Now, I am not a novice in saltwater. I have a 210 fowler, but I am a novice with corals. I still need to research on acclimation (lighting), feeding.

Wish me luck, and any advice is appreciated.

62815b329c760eedff01ad2f31f3302b.jpg
ac7504da4baf343f7d1cc8ef6d8739fe.jpg

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soft corals should be fine .. just make sure you place them low in your tank for the first week .. research is everything .. so research the corals you want before you get them .. light, flow , aggression, I’d go for something easy like frogspawn or hammer or maybe a toadstool leather .. pulsing xania .. this will give your tank movement and color .. torches are also good !!good luck !!happy Reefing !!

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soft corals should be fine .. just make sure you place them low in your tank for the first week .. research is everything .. so research the corals you want before you get them .. light, flow , aggression, I’d go for something easy like frogspawn or hammer or maybe a toadstool leather .. pulsing xania .. this will give your tank movement and color .. torches are also good !!good luck !!happy Reefing !!
Thanks, I set the current pumps up in surge mode, so I want to see movement.

I thought that pulsing xenia was bad, like a weed.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I set the current pumps up in surge mode, so I want to see movement.

I thought that pulsing xenia was bad, like a weed.
It can be .. just like gsp .. but if you keep it on an island or away from your main rocks it’s easier to contain ..

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be .. just like gsp .. but if you keep it on an island or away from your main rocks it’s easier to contain ..
GSP? Green star polyps? Those can overtake a tank? I like the torches. I'll probably get one of those.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back