Ready to build... after postponing

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was going to go with a 5ft 150 gallon build but ended up postponing it. I'm ready to go now, but have decided to go smaller so I don't need to beef up the supports and etc in the old 1886 house.

What sizes would be OK? I have a 55 gallon, but would like to optimize space for fish and coral, so I'm open to different configurations.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re open to shallower tanks the 80 lagoon is very nice. 4x2x1. May be slightly taller than 1ft. Fiji Cube also makes some tanks with appealing dimensions. Personally, I don’t like anything that isn’t at least 2ft front to back

OP
OP
Johnd651

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re open to shallower tanks the 80 lagoon is very nice. 4x2x1. May be slightly taller than 1ft. Fiji Cube also makes some tanks with appealing dimensions. Personally, I don’t like anything that isn’t at least 2ft front to back

With a shallow tank, what fish can I realistically keep? I like the innovative marine 80.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a shallow tank, what fish can I realistically keep? I like the innovative marine 80.
That is a good option with probably almost identical dimensions. Shallow tank doesn’t limit too much. Your fish selection would be similar to that of a 75, maybe even a little better since the fish will have mor horizontal swimming room

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back