Ready to throw in the towel from Dinos

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if it grows back, well people are getting to see you work against an invader strain that would've felled 99% of any reefer's resolve long ago.

You know from reading all these work threads in your prep that expressions range...Troylee collected a bunch of peroxide dosers who cleared their dinos w a few passes, and you can see others who had zero response to such additions- we never know what will work. its getting to watch you be dynamic that helps the most.

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if it grows back, well people are getting to see you work against an invader strain that would've felled 99% of any reefer's resolve long ago.

You know from reading all these work threads in your prep that expressions range...Troylee collected a bunch of peroxide dosers who cleared their dinos w a few passes, and you can see others who had zero response to such additions- we never know what will work. its getting to watch you be dynamic that helps the most.
I have invested so much into this hobby, Working at 15 to supply for my tank without the help of my parents is extremely hard. I wouldn't quit this hobby ever. I have to make a plan for when I leave high school tho. Dont think my parents want 80 gals sitting around in their house.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your experience is really amazing Alex I did not know you were 15 that is great to know, the resourcing you’ve had to do I’m really happy to be in the audience here for sure!

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well final this week so I have been very busy with school. Tank still has no dino but seems to have maybe a green turf or possibly cyano. Will leave it alone and just continue to do water changes as needed. Other wise all inhabitants are healthy and fat. Excited for this summer, Hoping to make the tank lively again. Do you guys think toadstools would be a good idea?

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well final this week so I have been very busy with school. Tank still has no dino but seems to have maybe a green turf or possibly cyano. Will leave it alone and just continue to do water changes as needed. Other wise all inhabitants are healthy and fat. Excited for this summer, Hoping to make the tank lively again. Do you guys think toadstools would be a good idea?
Well done alex... post a shot of your tank when you get a chance...would love to see what you are rocking

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank seems clean, Have green algae growing on my rocks and sand. kinda reminds me of cyano, its slimy and loves sand and rocks, glass not so much. Having a cuc is hard due to my very mean melanurus wrasse. The turbo snails that are alive clean the rocks perfectly but dont get every where. Hope bi-weekly water changes can help remove this algae.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on page 12 of the best dinos battle I recall, some green algae is welcomed, welcomed! :)

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, hopefully. Tank is still the ugly duckling but soon hope it turns into a swan. Tank is now a year and a half with rocks cycled from well over 3 years ago. Just need this stability and tank should take off. Coraline already growing back on some parts of rocks and glass. Might send out an icp test as I have some extras left over from a raffle. Any recommendations on the tank or just let it run its course?

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, hopefully. Tank is still the ugly duckling but soon hope it turns into a swan. Tank is now a year and a half with rocks cycled from well over 3 years ago. Just need this stability and tank should take off. Coraline already growing back on some parts of rocks and glass. Might send out an icp test as I have some extras left over from a raffle. Any recommendations on the tank or just let it run its course?

hi alex... what issues are you having with the tank? And what type filtration are you running? Skimmer cheato? Etc

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently the tank is just ugly, I will test params tmr after school. Filtration goes through in this order: Filter socks, skimmer rated for more than my tank, marine pure blocks, carbon and finally a small UV. I believe the problem is I dont have any competitors to eat the algae in the tank. Other wise all inhabitants are happy.

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently the tank is just ugly, I will test params tmr after school. Filtration goes through in this order: Filter socks, skimmer rated for more than my tank, marine pure blocks, carbon and finally a small UV. I believe the problem is I dont have any competitors to eat the algae in the tank. Other wise all inhabitants are happy.

Manually removal of algea would be best here... remove it and then add an urchin they are awesome at cleaning hair algea. Take the rocks out and manually remove all algea off the rovk and sand even... scrape the glass of the aquarium and then do a water change and syphon the sand

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manually removal of algea would be best here... remove it and then add an urchin they are awesome at cleaning hair algea. Take the rocks out and manually remove all algea off the rovk and sand even... scrape the glass of the aquarium and then do a water change and syphon the sand
Thank you!

raketemensch

Ape That Likes Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank seems clean, Have green algae growing on my rocks and sand. kinda reminds me of cyano, its slimy and loves sand and rocks, glass not so much. Having a cuc is hard due to my very mean melanurus wrasse. The turbo snails that are alive clean the rocks perfectly but dont get every where. Hope bi-weekly water changes can help remove this algae.

Maybe an urchin?

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just did a massive water change today. 45 gal wc from the 75, cleaned rocks, glass, siphoned and stirred sand(still pretty clean from the rinse) Added a gyre for some better and stronger flow. Will post a pic tmr when lights are on

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank just over a year old and have been battling dinos ever since I bottomed out nutrients. I have been battling what seems to be Amphindium(is that how you even spell it?) dinos. The dinos never form bubbles but are consistent of glass and rocks. I have tried h202, UV, Vibrant, refugium and nothing seems to work. I recieved my new ulr phosphate Hanna Checker and will post params soon. I also just started Dino X not sure it will work but am done with with these dinos.

No3 - 20 Nyos and 50 by salifert. All by ppm
No4 - 0.90 ppm
Using a 7 and a half hour light period by only blues from 2 Ai primes on a 75G tank.
Have been reading about metronidazole and might try that but do not have enough info at the current time.
Any help Is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alex
The only way I beat it was by overfeeding, dosing phosphate and adding some of my lfs green hair algae. With this you have to take a hit in order to beat it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back