Realistically: What tank would you get right now if you get a new one?

If you could get a different tank right now would you?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 370 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 165 29.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 3.1%

• Total voters

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this isn't a question about crazy dream sizes and swimming pool reef tanks! HA!

Being realistic, if you could get any tank from any manufacturer right now what would it be and why?

If you already have the tank you would choose tell us which one it is please!

image via @Osler
Tank in Box.jpg
I would have to say if I could get any tank right now it would be the aquarium fortress in the 007 film A spy who loved me :)

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank I have now, but IF something happened and I needed a new tank, I'd really like a CADE 1500!

Jake atkinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the same tank i have now being 73"×37"×25"except I would get it just a bit taller and go for 30 in height instead of 25 in.

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would go with the 320.7 from Waterbox...just set up my 900 3xxl as at the time it was the largest rimless available(mass produced anyway) then as Murphy would legislate the Promax series drops...sigh lol

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started looking for/dreaming about a new tank. I have a 90 gallon, 48x18 by 24 inches tall with a single overflow on the left rear panel. I really want a shorter tank! 18- 20 inches tall would be perfect. 60-72 inches long and 24 inches wide (18 would do) and NO GIANT CENTER GLASS BRACE! LOL! Something I can reach into without getting my armpits wet, lol! It looks like it will have to be a custom build.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would go with a larger tank, actually, we were just talking about this two days ago. I think a 1000-gallon will be awesome but we will need to add onto the home.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my 90 gallon tank in 2004. I also have multiple nanos set up and many empty tanks in the basement.

I have my eye on the Innovative Marine EXT-170. Moving a big tank into the house and transferring my livestock will be a hassle, but I’m ready for a bigger tank with nicer features.

Mackoderm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this isn't a question about crazy dream sizes and swimming pool reef tanks! HA!

Being realistic, if you could get any tank from any manufacturer right now what would it be and why?

image via @Osler
Tank in Box.jpg
My corner tank is too hard to move lighting around, circulation pump placement always has dead flow spots. Placing them in the back corners has many disadvantages. I topple over corals, burn my arms and my fish attack, making me jerk and splash water around.

Crjbmf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image via @Osler
Tank in Box.jpg
Hoping to get a 200+ gal. Tank bulit in and plumbed for my cichlids

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM EXT 200 or the peninsula one they have now ..in white. Otherwise custom job but I don't know enough about those companies yet.

Waiting until I move or buy a house for the next tank... That should happen in the next year or two.

cloggins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really happy w/ my RSR 625XXL. That said, A do-over would lead to a different tank. I'd rather something with a ghost overflow, and a different sump. Also, I'm not as in love with rimless as I first was. Lol.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a new 75 or 90 gallon marineland reef ready tank. I have had one on order since july and still have not recieved it through the LFS. I guess theres a glass shortage. I might at this point go some place else.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next tank I would get is going to be my "Dream Tank" 1k gallons...one day, lol.

That is not the question though. As of right now, no, I do not think I would replace my tank just the the sake of replacing or upsizing. If we were going to replace the floor, and we have talked about it, then I would revisit this idea. Currently, no plans to change anything, I am not only content with what I have, I LOVE WHAT I HAVE!

Enjoy the hobby!

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted for other. After having salt water aquariums since 1979 and reef tanks since 2000 it's time to call it quits. Traveling more and don't want the headaches of worrying about it and possibly coming home to a disaster.

darrelh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be happy just to have a tank! Maybe a SeaClear 36-Gallon bow front.

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade or Waterbox. 90-130g.

Recently got a Reefer 250 but its a point of sale. Stand is cheap MDF, soft closers are cheap chinese junk, no leveling feet, plumbing is meh, and the fact that it doesn't have a gate valve is just aweful. I tune it every few days to get it silent. Should have spend a fractional amount more and bought a much more substantial tank from either of the above.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back