Really Basic Question - Feeding Flakes

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If others can have an opinion you sure knock them down quickly

I am not knocking Paul down, I am talking about the ideas. Do we not 'knock down' ideas all the time on this forum, especially i we think them to not be accurate? I was not disrespectful, but I do disagree with some of his opinion, think the ideas are unsupported, and think the reasoning/conclusions lead to more unsupported ideas.

If you would, would you let me know how you would prefer me to respond in similar situations? Thanks

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not knocking Paul down, I am talking about the ideas. Do we not 'knock down' ideas all the time on this forum, especially i we think them to not be accurate? I was not disrespectful, but I do disagree with some of his opinion, think the ideas are unsupported, and think the reasoning/conclusions lead to more unsupported ideas.

If you would, would you let me know how you would prefer me to respond in similar situations? Thanks
It was tounge in cheek man, calm down. It's just funny and how I read it, he posts an opinion and you post articles, lol. Really not a big deal. I think flakes are not a good staple to feed fish and I don't need an article to tell me my fish look better with quality food. My opinion of course. I actually respect your posts in a lot of threads but your demeanor is less than appropriate for others opinions. And your response asking me how I should inform you on how to respond to other members, classic. Keep up the good work!

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was tounge in cheek man, calm down. It's just funny and how I read it, he posts an opinion and you post articles, lol. Really not a big deal. I think flakes are not a good staple to feed fish and I don't need an article to tell me my fish look better with quality food. My opinion of course. I actually respect your posts in a lot of threads but your demeanor is less than appropriate for others opinions. And your response asking me how I should inform you on how to respond to other members, classic. Keep up the good work!

I am calm.
I have no idea what is going on here. It feels like you are making fun of me at the end for asking you for help for something you are pointing out, but I have no way to know.

How do you think my responses could be made with demeanor you find more appropriate for others opinions?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you think my responses could be made with demeanor you find more appropriate for others opinions?

Smile, then send me a big cake. :p

You could disagree with me all you like. It doesn't bother me and probably makes me better, maybe grows a little hair. It's a fish forum and not important to anyone except maybe some amphipods.

I normally state my opinion then get ready for the flashback. I have been stating my opinion about flakes since they invented them. I think it was "Tetramin" and they used to be dried insects. No really!

So if you want to feed flakes, go for it. ;Bucktooth

DSC reef, thank you and Thales, no hard feelings. I love this stuff and it is so much easier than having someone shoot at me. o_O

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smile, then send me a big cake. :p

You could disagree with me all you like. It doesn't bother me and probably makes me better, maybe grows a little hair. It's a fish forum and not important to anyone except maybe some amphipods.

I normally state my opinion then get ready for the flashback. I have been stating my opinion about flakes since they invented them. I think it was "Tetramin" and they used to be dried insects. No really!

So if you want to feed flakes, go for it. ;Bucktooth

DSC reef, thank you and Thales, no hard feelings. I love this stuff and it is so much easier than having someone shoot at me. o_O

Thanks Paul. I was under the impression that we understand how we each communicate and we are ok with that. That said, if there is something I do that you (or anyone else) thinks make me less effective at communicating, I would love to hear it, and if I can, take it into consideration when posting so I can be a better communicator.

Thanks again

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was "Tetramin" and they used to be dried insects. No really!

Tetra used to have a food that was whole freeze dried houseflies. If I remember correctly it came with those plastic painted turtle “habitats” with the little palm tree in the center. My Oscar used to scarf them down like candy.....

cCRAWLINS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using primarily PE flakes ( and frozen mysis once or twice a week) in my nuvo 20 for almost a year now. Started as an experiment with flakes but the fish look better than ever. So I would say that QUALITY flakes do the job very well IMO.
But I usually break them into small enough peices, then take a pinch and put it under the water so as they don't float

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales, I am in trouble all the time for the way I communicate. I am old and years ago we used to say what we meant and it was fine. Maybe someone would beat you up, but it was still fine.

Now everything has to be PC because many people developed delicate "feelings" and they get hurt.

I, of course, being a combat Veteran am not like that so you can say anything you like to me as my feelings are pretty tough and can't be hurt on a fish forum. :cool:

My theories are controversial and all came about with trilobites and are not mainstream or formed inside the box so many people won't agree with them and most people just want to stick a long spined urchin in my face or hit me over the head with an Oldsmobile door.

(I still don't like flakes) But I did.
If I use flakes or freeze dried now it will only be because I want to get some fish oil in to something and dry foods like flakes, pellets and freeze dried worms are great for that. People mistakenly add oil or Selcon to wet foods like brine shrimp but they are wasting their money because oil and water don't mix so it just floats on the film of water on wet foods and falls off as soon as that food hits the water.
You can tell that is not the way to do it because if you look close, you can see the brine shrimp squinting from the oil. ;Bored

I really don't want to argue about that so if you do that, have fun. :)

This picture is only here as a video stimulant. My dive partner took it off of Mustique in the Caribbean. This tang never ate flakes, not even with Selcon.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To summarize
Eating high quality corn dogs every day is just as good as eating a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables and lean meats.

So yes give your children corn dogs for every meal.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back