Really disappointed in Liveaquaria right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had two orders arrive yesterday from LA. Both had been delayed due to weather; a Divers Den order delayed about a week and a standard order delayed about 2.5 weeks. Now I have no problem waiting to make sure I get healthy fish. Unfortunately I did not get healthy fish.

The DD order was for a Regal Angel and a Lightening maroon clown. The Regal angel is considered "Expert Only" and only guaranteed to arrive alive. It came alive and with with fluffy lesions on it's pelvic fins. So now I have a fish that if it gets further sick and dies I'm SOL. I emailed Liveaquaria to inform them of the sick arrival and their reply was "your account has been noted". what the heck? Nothing about extending a warranty.

My regular order that was delayed 2.5 weeks was for a stock Small/Medium Fowleri Tang and a male Lineatus Wrasse. The tang came with obvious abundant parasites. Plus I'm going to have to take their word for it that this actually is a Fowleri tang given I see no blue marking behind the gills that would be consistent with a Fowleri tang (sure hope I don't end up with a Bariene or a Xanthopterus).

For the Lineatus I just should have known better by the vague listing description. They sell in increasing order of price: juv/female, initial phase males, males, and terminal males for Lineatus wrasses. I ordered a "male" that was on sale. I expected to get a mature male that looked more colorful than a juvenile or initial phase wrasse. What I got sure looks like an initial phase male; nothing close to mature IMO.

Again I emailed LA. Usually if there are questions about a fish arriving sick or the condition of an item they refer it on to their livestock experts. Nope not this time. I got a reply that the tang most likely came down sick from the stress of shipping and the wrasse would get more color as it grows. REALLY? That tang is covered in lesions. There's no way that popped up in the several hours it was being shipped. Shipping stress induced disease would make the fish sick in the days after arrival. It wouldn't arrive covered head to toe in lesions. That is just poor quality inspection prior to shipping. Also, nothing about extending the guarantee on the sick fish they sent me. As for the wrasse, no duh it will get more colorful as it grows. But I ordered what was supposed to be a mature male and not a juvenile or initial phase wrasse.

Very, very disappointed right now. I expected better from Liveaquaria.

Dsc00087.jpg Dsc00099.jpg Dsc00123.jpg

The tang is equally covered in lesions on the other side.
BTW, that tang pic is AFTER a Paraguard bath and fresh water dip.

Oh and here are some prior Divers Den initial phase lineatus wrasses LA has sold. Maybe I should have ordered the cheaper "initial phase male". I'd say they're all equally or more colorful than the fish I got.

Lineatus Fairy Wrasse Initial Phase (2).jpg Lineatus Fairy Wrasse Initial Phase 3.5in 489.99.jpg Lineatus Fairy Wrasse Initial Phase 329.99.jpg Lineatus Fairy Wrasse Initial Phase.jpg

Last edited:

david613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also just had a bad experience they sent two of the same frag in an assorted pack they told me they send what ever is available and healthy . What ? if so why don't they just send 4 of the same frag !!!?. In the end they agreed to give a voucher for part of the cost of the frag ... no refund . Hello anyone home ? you didn't provide the goods shouldnt be worse than a doa

Last edited:

NYCMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have gone from world class to the worst inside of a year. All three orders of livestock since December have been weeks late. My Feb 17 order has not shipped and I haven't heard from them in weeks. Can't get someone on the phone, and they don't respond to emails. I will never, ever use them again.

mjbradshaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have gone from world class to the worst inside of a year. All three orders of livestock since December have been weeks late. My Feb 17 order has not shipped and I haven't heard from them in weeks. Can't get someone on the phone, and they don't respond to emails. I will never, ever use them again.

Cancel your order and put a stop payment on your credit card.

NYCMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i emailed them and left them a voicemail to do so. Scumbags. Petco sold them to an independent company in LA last July. Obviously they are screwing up their acquisition. Taking a worldclass online livestock store and destroying it in 6 months. Wow.

Murdock_Magoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Flame Angel from them and teh day it was delivered it arrived 4 hours later than Fedex stated. Also on the house camera's you can see the FedEx driver carrying box on its side, and dropping/shaking box in driveway. So i opened a claim with FedEx once i opened and saw flame doing horrible because i was ticked over what the driver was caught on camera doing. I've basically been trying for days to get this thing to not die. I reached out to L.A because of that opened claim against FedEx for their part (not against L.A) and they told me straight up anything past 7 days is not their issue to deal with. All i need is for them to call and FedEx will help but they wont even bother.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you hadn't already seen this....

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't shop there anymore. Too bad because they are just a few hours up the road.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to make an appointment. I've never been, I just liked ordering from there because the journey is short to my house.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aquarist76 I sincerely apologize for the vague response to your concerns, our typical response is much more in depth. We apologize for the condition of the Angel. Manual removal of the white patches and medicating to prevent a secondary bacterial infection from forming is the best way to approach the situation. I have added a $50 credit on file for your inconvenience with needing to medicate. How is the Regal doing?
We have worked together in many instances, and we will extend the warranty on expert only or any livestock purchase if there is concern with the health of the animal. We have shared your quality concerns with the OPS Manager at both facilities. We would like to reach out to you with resolution, however, you were not available and we could not leave a message. Please let us know a convenient time to call, or if you prefer -send us a PM and we can work through it there as well. Thank you, Louis.

burningedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a yellow watchman goby from liveaquaria about a month ago. It arrived without even a hint of pale yellow. In fact, he is a consistent pale light gray. I know that the site says there can be differences in color, but this guy shouldn't even be called a "yellow" watchman goby. Also, for the Ora version I got, it said the size would be 1-2". This guy is at least 3 1/2" which borders on full size. I get being slightly over, but this guy is almost twice the size of the HIGHEST range they gave. Wouldn't be a problem normally, but I don't have a very big tank yet (although I'm going to upgrade soon), so the size of each one of my fish does make a difference. Maybe on the Yellow Watchman Goby write-ups, it should state more explicitly that they might not even be yellow at all?

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my navarchus angel, covered in neobenedinia. Was hours after the guaranteed 1200 delivery time, and in fact, FedEx called to arrange a meeting at a gas station, as it would be end of day before it could be delivered. Extremely disappointed to say the least. Waiting to hear what customer service has to say.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a yellow watchman goby from liveaquaria about a month ago. It arrived without even a hint of pale yellow. In fact, he is a consistent pale light gray. I know that the site says there can be differences in color, but this guy shouldn't even be called a "yellow" watchman goby. Also, for the Ora version I got, it said the size would be 1-2". This guy is at least 3 1/2" which borders on full size. I get being slightly over, but this guy is almost twice the size of the HIGHEST range they gave. Wouldn't be a problem normally, but I don't have a very big tank yet (although I'm going to upgrade soon), so the size of each one of my fish does make a difference. Maybe on the Yellow Watchman Goby write-ups, it should state more explicitly that they might not even be yellow at all?
You may have gotten a female yellow watchman goby. Males stay yellow while females turn grey/white

melliiee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you hadn't already seen this....
Who took over as CEO at live Aquaria now if it’s not Kevin? Is this the change in CS?!

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Flame Angel from them and teh day it was delivered it arrived 4 hours later than Fedex stated. Also on the house camera's you can see the FedEx driver carrying box on its side, and dropping/shaking box in driveway. So i opened a claim with FedEx once i opened and saw flame doing horrible because i was ticked over what the driver was caught on camera doing. I've basically been trying for days to get this thing to not die. I reached out to L.A because of that opened claim against FedEx for their part (not against L.A) and they told me straight up anything past 7 days is not their issue to deal with. All i need is for them to call and FedEx will help but they wont even bother.
I read this to my 11 year old and she got really mad at the driver….shame on them!

Back