Really sad that my lawnmower blenny jumped out

maevepotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost our blennymower this past week. I'd not seen her and was starting to worry. I'd done some rescaping which I'm afraid caused her to jump out, maybe fighting with the other blenny or dottyback. I feel really guilty. She was my favorite fish and I keep looking for her :(

Anyone found a good method for a cover? We have HOB stuff to go around.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is if you leave an inch, they will find it eventually.

Westoncase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost our blennymower this past week. I'd not seen her and was starting to worry. I'd done some rescaping which I'm afraid caused her to jump out, maybe fighting with the other blenny or dottyback. I feel really guilty. She was my favorite fish and I keep looking for her :(

Anyone found a good method for a cover? We have HOB stuff to go around.

I’m using egg crate that’s cut in the middle so it doesn’t block any light, I really need to finger out something myself. I have to work around hob stuff too

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a screen using a screen frame kit from menards and plastic mesh screen from amazon. Have an inch gap in back to clear power cords and my horned blenny found the crack.

OP
OP
maevepotter

maevepotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a screen using a screen frame kit from menards and plastic mesh screen from amazon. Have an inch gap in back to clear power cords and my horned blenny found the crack.
That's horrible :( are they that unhappy in our tanks or they just like swimming fast?

Max!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a firefish who was an acrobat in his past life. A mesh screen is the way to go but if you have an AIO or just a standard dimension tank dabbling in the realm of plexiglass is what I did. However make sure it is thick enough or it will sag. most petsmarts / petcos sell lids that fit on the standard tank sizes - these kits have modular back portions that will make room for HOB anything. I love lawnmower blennys and I would definitely get another!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cover literally every crack and opening, no matter how small. I should have filled in the spots where there weren't power cords with some egg crate.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back