Rebuild of a 225g stand

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’ve had this stand not even a year yet, but it will be by time I get back home (deployed over seas)

I’ve had a few issues that kept getting in my way, the stands fine don’t get me wrong but I’m tired of not having an organized stand so this thread will be dedicated into the rebuild of my stand. This will also lead into a possible business outcome that I might start up.

Currently the stand is standing strong but unorganized, what I want out of it is storage and a built in viewing panel for electrical stuff, i.e wave maker head unit, pump controller and what not.

Here’s the stand now and a 3D upload.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Jose Berry - I don't see a picture of the stand or 3d drawing? Can you try again to upload the images?

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6C09206B-F4B5-4D9A-90FE-47A0FC8F5D5B.jpeg
78CEDE6F-9EA1-40D8-9468-2B42C411EB06.jpeg

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And with a sump inside it loses a lot of room, so how does one manage such small spaces when a fish room is not available? My approach is some what simple and not too expensive (I hope)
image.jpg

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s the new stand structure utilizing the old stands main frame. With and with out panels.
image.jpg

If you want details ask it’s all 2x4 with different lengths. There is also notched parts. I’ll post up all the materials laying out and stuff so y’all can see what wood would be used.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the left is the old stand and to the right the new stand idea, as you can see I’ve added more sturdiness to the stand by adding 2x4 to the mix. I’m still amazed that the current stand stands the way it is.
image.jpg
image.jpg

added shelving and have started on what the electrical storage compartment will look like.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work, the plan is coming together!
It is, I think I’m going to detail it out and make all parts from scratch. At least to resemble the actual parts. I still need to tinker with the glass door, it’s off set by a few inches and I’m ocd so it needs to be centered.

This stand will boast the apex system to include the cor20, LDK, DOS, ATO, and the adapters for the MP40 power heads and lights system. I will also be getting 2 back up batteries and a back up power supply.

Security wise everything will be flush but it will boast lights that are motion censored activated and magnetic push unlock functions. The floor will be water proof and made to hold 30g of water Incase a leak happens. If a leak happens the LDK will shut off all pumps and power will increase the speeds of the power heads to water rotation. Over all I have a plan, now this deployment needs to come to an end so I can make it happen.

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally home from the deployment and I can’t wait to start the upgrades to the 225. It has already started with the addition of like 8 new fish lol.

My wife wanted her own tank so guess who gets new stuff...I do since she’s taking a majority of my tanks equipment.
New products are
A COR20, nyos300 skimmer, 45w uv and a new sump of course.

fish list is as follows
Our Fish
Gill :Moorish Idol (1/2020)
Hawk :Flame Hawk Fish (5/2020)
Passer Angel (5/2020)
Oracle :Imperator Angel (2/2020)
Thing 1 :Midnight Clown
Thing 2 :Midnight Clown
Marlin :Tomato Clown
Coral :Tomato Clown
Bubbles :Yellow Tang
Dory :Blue Hippo Tang
Koi :Yellow Eye Kole Tang (5/2020)
Vlamingi Tang (5/2020)
Kevin :Lawnmower Blenny (5/2020)
Woop :Midas Blenny (5/2020)
Goby1 :Mandarin Goby
Goby2 :Mandarin Goby (5/2020)
Bloat :Green Spotted Puffer
Bloat Jr :Green Spotted Puffer

Elephant Ear Sponge (5/2020)
Green Soft Star Polyp Rock (5/2020)
Hawaiian Feather Duster (5/2020)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back