Reccomend me a fish 10g tank

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my im nuvo 10g has issues with low nutrience leading to dino all the time and to combat it im thinking of adding another fish to the tank to increase the bioload.
Current stocking:
1 flametail blenny
1 percula clownfish

I was thinking maybe a tiny royal gramma but I've heard they are bullies. Maybe a chromis or a small species of goby (perhaps firefish)
Any suggestions? I've attached a picture of the tank

20200727_171719.jpg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't have more than two fish in a tank that small. If low nutrients are a problem, I'd suggest feeding the coral more often to increase. You're right that you don't want zero nutrients in the water. I hit zero phosphates once and had a huge dino outbreak. What are your nitrates and phosphates currently? What is your nutrient removal method?

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't have more than two fish in a tank that small. If low nutrients are a problem, I'd suggest feeding the coral more often to increase. You're right that you don't want zero nutrients in the water. I hit zero phosphates once and had a huge dino outbreak. What are your nitrates and phosphates currently? What is your nutrient removal method?
I feed frozen food 2x a week, reef roids 2x a week, pellets 5x a week and acropower 2x a week. Water change every ~2 weeks and I use filter floss replaced every 3 days.
And carbon replaced every month
Just now tested
Nitrate = undetectedable
Phosphate = im not sure my test sucks its maybe just above 0

This tank has no algae so its not a false 0 from algae eating it all up.

I always add more food than I know my fish will eat so it bumps nitrates but no success.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a gramma in my nuvo 10 and regretted it because of aggression. I think you may end up regretting the clown in that tank for similar reasons. Some fish to consider-

Pygmy geometric perchlet
Yellow assessor
Pink streaked wrasse
A species of shrimpgoby if you have sand (id suggest pairing it with a randals pistol shrimp)

I think 3 fish in a nuvo 10 is doable, but the clown may get more aggressive as it ages

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed frozen food 2x a week, reef roids 2x a week, pellets 5x a week and acropower 2x a week. Water change every ~2 weeks and I use filter floss replaced every 3 days.
And carbon replaced every month
Just now tested
Nitrate = undetectedable
Phosphate = im not sure my test sucks its maybe just above 0

This tank has no algae so its not a false 0 from algae eating it all up.

I always add more food than I know my fish will eat so it bumps nitrates but no success.
I'd get a Hanna Phosphate Checker if you can. They are very consistent and easy to use. What tests are you currently using?

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my im nuvo 10g has issues with low nutrience leading to dino all the time and to combat it im thinking of adding another fish to the tank to increase the bioload.
Current stocking:
1 flametail blenny
1 percula clownfish

I was thinking maybe a tiny royal gramma but I've heard they are bullies. Maybe a chromis or a small species of goby (perhaps firefish)
Any suggestions? I've attached a picture of the tank

20200727_171719.jpg
I always preffered firefish by looks alone for small tanks. I think they're cute, but I know nothing of their behavior with other fish and coral.

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I +1 any Hanna product. I use straight across salifert and my Hanna match up very well with them and red sea tests so I trust em. I have all of em except mag and nitrate. Ph one is a Lil tricky to calibrate (for me at least) but a begginers best friend for sure #IWasNotPaidByHanna

Back