Received BRS 7-Stage RODI but it doesn't fit in my faucet

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that I also ordered a 30 gallon open-top polyethylene water storage container for the RODI water and a 30 gallon open-top batch mixing container to mix the saltwater in. Like I said I don't know much about plumbing so I'm trying to figure out a way to transfer the RODI water to the salt water container for mixing. Right now my only solution is to use a water pump to just pump it from one container to the other.

If anyone has any better ideas let me know!

I'm charging my camera right now so I'll have to post pics later. If you own your own home you can do what I did. My RoDi is under the sink in the laundry room and my tank is in my living room. My back is roasted and I can't lug buckets any more so I put a 3 way valve under the sink. I drilled and mounted a bulkhead fitting to the side of the sink cabinet. Attached a coil of line with a valve at the end and hung on a hook. I ran another line to the other side of the 3 way down the hole for the sink plumbing, into the basement and back up into the wall next to my tank. I cut an opening for one of those plastic electrical boxes that you use after the wall is up. It has tabs that open when you turn the screw and pinches the wall board. Then get a blank electrical cover and drill a hole for a bulkhead fitting, connect the line and screw the cover on. Run another line with a valve on the end and you have RoDi at your tank! :)

I actually used a 1 into 2 splitter and mounted 2 bulkheads, one for at the tank and the other for my ATO container. ATO has a float valve in it so when it gets empty I open the valve and it shuts off when full then turn off the valve until next time.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add, if you decide to move you just remove the RoDi stuff and replace the cover with a new blank. We have wood walls and it had to pass the wife test first, which it did.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some quick pics...

Here's the sink mod. The Di canisters are on the left side out of frame. The yellow line just goes to a gauge.
undersink.jpg outsidesink.jpg

The wall mods. I had already cut this hole on the back side to re-wire the outlet to 2 seperate breakers. We have tounge & groove boards on this wall so it was too thick for the tabs to work and is why the sheet rock is cut wierd.
behindwall.jpg wallplate.jpg
The black line is coiled up on a hook and the blue line goes over to the ATO container.
ato.jpg

OP
OP
kiran

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some quick pics...

Here's the sink mod. The Di canisters are on the left side out of frame. The yellow line just goes to a gauge.
undersink.jpg outsidesink.jpg

The wall mods. I had already cut this hole on the back side to re-wire the outlet to 2 seperate breakers. We have tounge & groove boards on this wall so it was too thick for the tabs to work and is why the sheet rock is cut wierd.
behindwall.jpg wallplate.jpg
The black line is coiled up on a hook and the blue line goes over to the ATO container.
ato.jpg
Thank you for showing me your setup! I'm going to think about it more and see what is the best setup for me since my tank is around 5ft away from my RODI system.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing pictures! I asked my family for an rodi system for Christmas so I've been trying to learn as much as I can so I can figure out how to install it

OP
OP
kiran

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what I got from BRS chat. Hopefully it's correct.
So I did the install the way they said. I hooked up my shut-off valve on the blue line after the pressure switch and ran into HUGE problems.

I woke up this morning to my pressure being over 100psi. I turned on the shutoff valve to release the water and it literally shot out like a mini pressure-washer for 15 seconds straight. I had the booster pump unplugged the entire night but it still built up insane pressure.

Should I switch my shutoff valve back to my red line? I just don't know if I put it before the booster pump or after the booster pump.

It's the weekend so I doubt BRS support will contact me. This is honestly very frustrating. I feel like I could have woken up to a disaster.

EDIT: Switched it back to the red line. Seems to be working somewhat fine now. I'm not sure if I understand the pressure switch the booster pump came with correctly. Is it supposed to shut off if there's no water going through it?

Last edited:
Back